Wiki Posts
Search

Problem Loading Flyertalk Forums

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2005, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TG Gold, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Problem Loading Flyertalk Forums

I am using Safari 2.0 on Mac OS X (10.4). Since two days, i have trouble loading the flytertalk forums. It takes way tooo long to load the pages.

The same problem exists with Mozilla on Mac OS X. In addition, Mozilla shows that it's trying to contact a.tribalfusion.com and gets stuck.

anyone with similiar experience.?
Old Jun 29, 2005, 11:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by RWY02KTM
I am using Safari 2.0 on Mac OS X (10.4). Since two days, i have trouble loading the flytertalk forums. It takes way tooo long to load the pages.

The same problem exists with Mozilla on Mac OS X. In addition, Mozilla shows that it's trying to contact a.tribalfusion.com and gets stuck.

anyone with similiar experience.?
I’m running several Mac’s with OS X 10.4 (Tiger) and use Firefox, Safari and IE depending on my mood.
I occasionally see a FT page hang while trying to load a tribalfusion ad of some sort. When that happens, I just hit the stop bar and click on reload and that usually fixes the issue.
Doesn’t happen often or with any predictability but I agree it’s aggravating.
Old Jul 4, 2005, 12:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Thumbs down

I am using a brand newPC with ie6, and am having major problems loading FT.

Its the only site that constantly (as in every page) takes minutes to load pages, i.e if it does actually load the page! It can take me at least 2-3 minutes to load a page, and some pages don't load anything.

Actually they do load something - the Flyertalk menu and Forum header at the top of each page, so I get the large typeface word Forum, and then nada.

I may have to try to reload a page 2-3 times before I can actually do any reading.

It hasn't always been like this, but its only fairly recently, so what changed ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.