Editing thread titles

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2005, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Editing thread titles

Is it possible to amend the site software so that a poster can go back and change the initial header of a new thread after it has been posted?

I have, for example, recently posted a thread on the BA board where I reference another poster in the title. Except I put in the wrong name by mistake

I can go back into the original post and change the title without any problems, but the change does not carry through to the forum home page. This seems a little odd, to say the least.

Even odder, to be honest, is that in THIS forum it seems that I can change the title to a thread and have it carry through to the home page! Is this a bug on the BA board?

Last edited by RJB; Mar 29, 2005 at 6:03 am
Old Mar 29, 2005, 7:01 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
You may wish to ask your moderator to change the title... I have been more than happy to do that in the past for posts in the forums I co-moderate.

William
Old Mar 30, 2005, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
You gotta have a quick trigger finger to change the title!

I think you can edit your thread title within a certain time frame (like two minutes) after initially posting it, and the title change will be reflected in the forum. At least, that has been my experience. (Similarly, if you edit a post within a certain short time -- also like two minutes -- after first posting it, the "edited by" does not appear at the bottom of the post.)

But after that, you have to ask a moderator to make the title change for you. @:-)
Old Mar 30, 2005, 10:21 am
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
I changed titles quite often, as soon as I see someone misspelled a word and tried correcting it.

Of course, I will never do that in the BA forum, as their English is just a little different

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.