IE6 Page loading problem

Old Feb 20, 2005, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
IE6 Page loading problem

I would swear I saw a post about this - but I can't find it. So, I'll repeat.

Many tiimes, particularly with my computer at home, I get the standard IE6 message that the page can't load. If I refresh the page, it loads without problems.

This is fairly recent. It never used to happen before. It seems to be a problem loading the FT banner at the top of the page advising of the new Reviews area. As a matter of fact, the problem seems to have started around that time.

Is there anything I can do to fix it?
Old Feb 20, 2005, 10:23 am

Programs: SAS
I have the same problem whenever my mousepointer "touches" the FT banner when the page is loading.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 10:34 am

Programs: OMNI Platinum
Usually when that happens to me, and its not just on FT but other sites, I find it’s a problem with my connection… So I unplug my DSL modem, and plug it back in, and sign on again, and the problem is fixed… 99.9% of the time this works… And then there is the very rare time, it still doesn’t work, and I just reboot, and its fixed…

I seem to get the problem with Verizon DSL…
Old Feb 20, 2005, 11:28 am

Programs: DL GM
I, and others, have posted about this before (I can't find the thread either). In my case it occurs whenever my mouse (inadvertently) opens a drop-down menu at the top of the page as it's loading.

I get the "abort" box.

Loads fine when I "refresh".

This only happens on the FT site. It started several weeks ago.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 3:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Problems this weekend

I've been having problems only on the FT site. It has been regularly locking up just after the top menu loads. It shows as done from after the "my flyertalk Have it your way..." button. When this happens it also seems that some of the menu items overlap each other - instead of a drop-down menu on forums, the Forum Home shows up over the existing Forum button.

I can refresh a time or two and the page will load directly. I'm afraid that there is more of a problem than just SEARCH.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 9:46 am

Like cph-flyer and Tennisbum, I have learned not to EVER move my mouse while an FT page is loading. If I do, even inadvertently, the page will not load and I have to hit refresh. It's a pain, but does teach one patience - especially on days when FT is having one of its slow downs
Old Mar 6, 2005, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by bigjim
I've been having problems only on the FT site. It has been regularly locking up just after the top menu loads. It shows as done from after the "my flyertalk Have it your way..." button. When this happens it also seems that some of the menu items overlap each other - instead of a drop-down menu on forums, the Forum Home shows up over the existing Forum button.

I can refresh a time or two and the page will load directly.
That's still happening to me as well. Also, often I'll get an "abort" instead of a "done" at about that point (and yes, I understand that the top menu may be loading from cache).

This seems limited to FlyerTalk; at least, I haven't noticed a problem with other sites, but FT has been doing this for about two weeks now.

Any prognosis?
Old Mar 6, 2005, 9:48 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I still get this problem also... just on Flyertalk.

William
Old Mar 7, 2005, 9:01 am

This happens only in Internet Explorer 6 on Windows when you mouse over the drop down menus before the page is completely loaded.

2 solutions - don't mouse over the menus or use another browser -- Firefox for example.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.