Have the post counts dropped with the absence of search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2005, 6:23 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Have the post counts dropped with the absence of search

Curious?
Old Feb 18, 2005, 1:45 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by underpressure
Curious?
The lack of search means it's impossible to find many threads in a reasonable period, so I'll bet the post count is down. At the same time, the number of unnecessarily generated threads is probably up, since we have to start new ones when we can't find the ones we want to add to.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 7:02 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Doesn't appear to have based on these stats
Old Feb 18, 2005, 7:28 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

or here:
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/tr...=flyertalk.com
Old Feb 18, 2005, 7:31 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

Might be a good reason to ask a moderator about a particular topic you are looking for. I think you'll find them to be a great "search" assistance. We have a variety of tools to help our members, and a moderator is one of them.

Originally Posted by Kremmen
The lack of search means it's impossible to find many threads in a reasonable period, so I'll bet the post count is down. At the same time, the number of unnecessarily generated threads is probably up, since we have to start new ones when we can't find the ones we want to add to.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
Might be a good reason to ask a moderator about a particular topic you are looking for. I think you'll find them to be a great "search" assistance. We have a variety of tools to help our members, and a moderator is one of them.
Several former participants in the CX forum are no doubt dropping their jaws at the irony of that pronunciamento.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, Starwood, et al
I would expect posts to have increased. I've seen a number of threads where people were asking for help on particular topics or locations where threads already existed, but may not be obvious from skimming only the general forums (fora?) (MilesBuzz, TravelBuzz, DiningBuzz, etc.). Even if Google had been used to search, I expect the hits may have been too high to be of practical use.

(That's one reason I'm an advocate for moderators moving threads on topics covered by specific forums out of the general forums into the specific forum.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.