Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Techs. Due to recent slowness can the "Edit" default be increased to 5 mins please?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Techs. Due to recent slowness can the "Edit" default be increased to 5 mins please?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2005, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

Lots of us are having 'slowness in posting' issues. That much is clear.

I will often FINALLY see the post on screen, and notice a small typo or spelling error, or HTML coding error etc, that I want to correct.

I try to ensure accurate presentation of posts. Must be the journo and Editor in me, and I am sure others too do enjoy neat and tidy presentation of their posts on FT. And edit codes are not neat.

The current time limit (probably the default) to edit with no code showing is 2 minutes it seems.

Anything you change after 2 mins carries the edit time-code under it, at base of the post.

I imagine this is just a simple adjustment on the control panel? I asked for the maximum character count to please be increased greatly per single post, and this was done same day, so maybe this is a similar minor adjustment like that? Hope so.

Presumably the edit time-code is primarily there to flag posts that were changed hours or days after being made. It is very useful in that respect. However for those of us correcting typos and HTML errors etc, the dreadful slowness of FT lately means it is often IMPOSSIBLE to turn it around in less than 2 minutes, by the time page FINALLY opens up again, you locate the word, re-type it, and re-submit again.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
What's the big deal with the edit information being displayed on a post? Why not use the field provided to put down a "typo" or "grammar" type explanation to explain it if its really a concern?

I appreciate all the help and support provided by the FT Staff and would much prefer they be allowed to continue to focus on the response time issues which impacts everyone trying to access and use this site. Just my 2 cents.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by GoingAway
What's the big deal with the edit information being displayed on a post? Why not use the field provided to put down a "typo" or "grammar" type explanation to explain it if its really a concern?

I appreciate all the help and support provided by the FT Staff and would much prefer they be allowed to continue to focus on the response time issues which impacts everyone trying to access and use this site. Just my 2 cents.
^ ^ ^

I think it is a much better use of their time to do something more productive (like building a new server) than worrying about cosmetic issues.

Last edited by skofarrell; Feb 5, 2005 at 3:15 pm Reason: grammar
Old Feb 10, 2005, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Anything you change after 2 mins carries the edit time-code under it, at base of the post.
I didn't know there was a time limit on this, I figured you got the "edit" message only after someone else viewed your post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.