Another tech question

Old Jan 26, 2005, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Another tech question

Prior to this session, my last log on to Flyertalk was 5:39pm today.

When I was just reading the Mileage Run forum, I noticed an AA deal from EWR to Hawaii for $141 R/T. This was posted sometime after 4:00pm.

My question is (and I sort of noticed this before) how come the AA deal posted after 4:00 was no where to be found when I logged in at 5:39pm. The mileage run forum is a forum that I always check out, and I'm wondering why I didn't see this at 5:39. Certainly it would have made an impression.

I'm always on the same computer. Cookies are saved. What gives?
Old Jan 27, 2005, 6:35 am

For some reason, I've noticed this recently as well - and solved it by hitting F5 (on internet explorer) or clicking the Refresh button.

Usually, on forum systems, the posts are not cached - however, for some reason, on this one, it seems to cache them (save a copy and use that copy until you refresh it, or until the copy it has 'expires').

It only happens occasionally for me, but when I logon and notice that the last post was 3 hours ago (I know FT better than that ) I hit refresh - and poof - more posts to read.
Old Jan 27, 2005, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by dhammer53
Prior to this session, my last log on to Flyertalk was 5:39pm today.

When I was just reading the Mileage Run forum, I noticed an AA deal from EWR to Hawaii for $141 R/T. This was posted sometime after 4:00pm.

My question is (and I sort of noticed this before) how come the AA deal posted after 4:00 was no where to be found when I logged in at 5:39pm. The mileage run forum is a forum that I always check out, and I'm wondering why I didn't see this at 5:39. Certainly it would have made an impression.

I'm always on the same computer. Cookies are saved. What gives?
Dan,

I also saw the deal around 5:30pm and I can assure you that it was being pulled at that time. I was able to see the fares but was unable to book them at any fare. I tried multiple dates, including those for which I'm already holding award seats. They came up as available, but un-bookable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.