Search

no 'reply' nor 'new post' button in Randy's forum

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2004, 3:40 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Arrow no 'reply' nor 'new post' button in Randy's forum

I can't see/find any 'reply' nor 'new post' button in Randy's forum.

Just me? is it a technical glitch? or (what I would fully understand, even support) a time-out for new posts and threads?
Old Oct 21, 2004, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
I noticed it, as well, and since it is only in effect in that forum, and seems to be universal (nobody has posted since around 7:00am Pacific), it looks like a "universal time out" has been imposed to help block the flames.

I sent a PM to wharvey earlier, just in case I had been given a time-out, but it looks like it's forum-wide.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
I noticed it too.

I thopught it was Randy's clever way of ensuring I stayed totally on topic there.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 9:09 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Cf. Luke 18:27

Old Oct 21, 2004, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Cf. Luke 18:27

Surely the techies can handle this problem without the need to call for divine intervention?

http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/b...ersion=NIV;KJV
Old Oct 21, 2004, 10:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Well shoot, I thought I alone had been excluded because I was sooooooooooooo special. Oh well, back to the masses for me.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 10:51 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

ORP is now a no-reply thread.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 11:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Haven't been on since last night or so, so didn't notice.

So I take this you're allowed to make your original post (complaint, which usually seems to be the case on ORP!) & then that's it. I don't have a problem w/ that & I was one of the folk saying it should go that way, so obviously no complaints from me. But I'm just the peanut gallery.

I'm sure there will be others who will come on this forum to explain why it's bad (since they can't say it on ORP!). Which is why I'm glad it's been implemented.

Here's my stake in the sand. You have a problem w/ something that you actually think needs RANDY's attention - post it on ORP. Once you have made your comment/stand, then nope no further input needed. Oh dear - that knocked 90% of Randy threads cuz most folk would rather rag on each other.. yada yada. I think this is a good thing. Sorry folks. YMMV.

Cheers. Sharon
Old Oct 22, 2004, 1:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Actually, at the moment, ORP appears to be an open "closed" forum. You can't post and you can't reply.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Given the post history lately, specifically the tone of the content and the constant regurgitation of issues, is it any wonder that this forum is now locked from posting? I am surprised with the astonishment here. I, for one, am pleased that we all have been issued a posting time out here. Maybe we can all learn to play in the sandbox nicely.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 8:15 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I didn't notice, because I didn't try to post there (had done my fair share of posting before).

I guess Randy just wants to have time to think about the issues that were discussed, without things spilling over and getting personal again. As far as I have in any way contributed to the discussions getting too heated, or as far as I might have made the same point more than once (or twice ), sorry.

My guess would be that we will hear something from Randy at some point. I am looking forward to hearing from him.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Somwhere on the highways and byways of the United States
Programs: WWBTNFTMTP Evangelist
So where is the flame forum now. I am getting twitchy.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 12:31 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
I was so impressed with the restraint being shown on ORP, but then thought that this is a statistical abnormality. Looked at posting rules on the forum: