Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Chat takes a really long time to load....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chat takes a really long time to load....

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2004, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Oz,

We know what it says. Fact is that chat always loads withn seconds (assuming high speed connection).
Old Sep 19, 2004, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Heck "a few minutes" is all they promise - right up front. Just popped in there - first time for ages and took 30 seconds to get in FWIW. Did a bit of chatting and did not get booted off, so maybe it has now stabilised?
I'd say your sampling size is a little small in comparison to those of us posting here that an issue exists. Congrats on your using chat, its an interesting place to hang out every now and its great that the connection stuck for you. Unfortunately its not consistent and there are issues, hence this thread and the various posts and updates from those that use chat on a regular basis and those that maintain it.

Cheers.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 10:40 am
dan at WebFlyer

We're going to be doing some extensive work on the FlyerTalk servers this Wednesday and hope to get this chat issue smoothed out.

Old Sep 21, 2004, 1:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Now Oz, you know I posted a 2nd post that said no I didn't want chat to drop & I appreciated Dan & John following up, so don't berate me for my first post which I toned down.

But to answer your ?, Yes of course us California blondes want everything immediately! Did you have any doubts?

And thank you BAMAT for your post - I was in AMS last week on hi-speed connection (which still took forever to load) & when I got bounced out & tried to get back in it told me I was still registered as in & wouldn't allow me back in. Drove me crazy to the point I gave up.

Look forward to post-Wednesday & hopefully things getting back to speed - even on my slow dial-up at home. Cheers.

Sharon
Old Sep 22, 2004, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

But to answer your ?, Yes of course us California blondes want everything immediately! Did you have any doubts?

Sharon
Not in this book I am reading they don't.

Hope the bugs resolve - kudos to the techies. ^
Old Sep 22, 2004, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
and the good news is ...

FT is slow but chat is doing great. Not sure if its on separate servers but this was the quickest Chat loaded for me in a very long time. Thanks for the update. ^
Old Sep 23, 2004, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by GoingAway
FT is slow but chat is doing great. Not sure if its on separate servers but this was the quickest Chat loaded for me in a very long time. Thanks for the update. ^
Yep -- separate server and we believe that the problems on chat are fixed.

Thanks,
John

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.