Reload this Page >

Error and closing of browser from "Preview Post"

Old Jul 21, 2004, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 3mm Plat

Twice in the past few days using the "Preview Post" function has resulted in a "Windows has encountered a problem with Internet Explorer. It must be closed ...." or words to that effect.

Yesterday, when I saw that the post I was previewing did not appear in the forum, I composed another. Quite some time later, my original AND the replacement posts were there. ????

Best wishes,

Teacher49
Old Jul 21, 2004, 10:49 am
dan at WebFlyer

Sounds like your system is getting a little unstable... we haven't changed anything in the layout code.

Try clearing out your browser's temporary internet files/cache and rebooting your machine.

Also, have you installed any new software on your computer, or ran any system (Windows) updates lately?

Old Jul 21, 2004, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I ran the latest batch of "Critical Udates" last week.

Is that a known problem?

I previewed this post, and all was fine.

Thanks for your help. I will clear my cache, too.

Best wishes,

Teacher49
Old Jul 21, 2004, 1:58 pm
dan at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by Teacher49
I ran the latest batch of "Critical Udates" last week.

Is that a known problem?
No, not the updates... in fact, you're doing the right thing by keeping up to date on patching Windows.

It's just that sometimes, when you install other programs, they can have an adverse effect on what you currently have running, especially if they're programs that integrate with your browser.

Old Jul 22, 2004, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The only new software I have installed is for the ISDN modem in my rental flat here in Switzerland. I am here just another 10 days, and then will uninstall. I guess I'll just see what happens ...

Thanks again,

Best wishes,

Teacher49

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.