Wiki Posts
Search

does FT use keylogging software?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2004, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

does FT use keylogging software?

Hi there.

I've noticed that when I click from one page to another in a thread, there is a line of text on the bottom of my browser. It displays quickly and then disappears, so I can't repost it here, but it looks like it's logging keystrokes or redirecting the FT url through some sort of ad server.

Could a tech person or moderator please comment/explain?

Thank you.

ps. Didn't there used to be a feature so I could see when somebody replied to my post?
Old Jul 16, 2004, 10:54 am
dan at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by KSinNYC
Hi there.

I've noticed that when I click from one page to another in a thread, there is a line of text on the bottom of my browser. It displays quickly and then disappears, so I can't repost it here, but it looks like it's logging keystrokes or redirecting the FT url through some sort of ad server.
No, FlyerTalk doesn't use keylogging software. There's nothing sneaky or covert going on with our site.

If you click on the banners, they do redirect you through their servers to the final advertiser's page, for tracking purposes. But that's the way most ad companies work.

ps. Didn't there used to be a feature so I could see when somebody replied to my post?
Yes, it's the "Replies" column on the forum display page, that lists the threads in a particular forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.