Wiki Posts
Search

Search won't work...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2004, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, LH, others
Search won't work...

When trying to do a search in the AA forum the following came up instead of the search results (tried multiple times):

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 75497472 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/site/flyertalk.com/www/forum/search.php on line 968

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 75497472 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 0 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Just wanted to let you know...
Old Jul 7, 2004, 10:24 am

This happens when your search returns a result set that is too large for the memory that I have allocated for server processes to run -- and believe me I have that memory set to a large number.

When you get this you should try to think of ways to narrow your search so there are not so many results.

Originally Posted by Yeti88
When trying to do a search in the AA forum the following came up instead of the search results (tried multiple times):

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 75497472 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/site/flyertalk.com/www/forum/search.php on line 968

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 75497472 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 0 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Just wanted to let you know...
Old Jul 8, 2004, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, LH, others
Thanks for the explanation, John!

I can see how my search term came up with too many results.

Tried something more "narrow" and it worked. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.