Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Please fix the time on the messages!!!

Old May 12, 2004, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

I look at the web site every day but I'm here to tell you I can't tell when the the last message was really posted and when I was in the system the last time. I've noticed the time is off on the main system. Can you please check the time and tell us how you are doing it? Are you still on Mountain Time or something else?

I would like to have some rule of thumb so I can determine when the last time I was on line and when someone may have posted something new.

Thanks again for a great website.
Old May 12, 2004, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Go to: MyFlyerTalk -> Edit Options

Scroll to the bottom. You can set your local time there! ^
Old May 13, 2004, 3:14 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Ahhh.... now I understand why my local computer tells me accurately when I last visited FT - but my posts had (what I thought were random but suspected - just confirmed after post above-were GMT for postings I made.)

since everyone can set their own local time as posting time (if they know how) I think this makes it much more difficult than if all were posted using ONE time -
Old May 13, 2004, 8:59 am

Once you set the time for your local time then all the posts you see should reflect your local time. The default for the board is GMT, and all posts are stored in the database as GMT. When you view a post it is interpreted to your local time.

John
Originally Posted by estnet
Ahhh.... now I understand why my local computer tells me accurately when I last visited FT - but my posts had (what I thought were random but suspected - just confirmed after post above-were GMT for postings I made.)

since everyone can set their own local time as posting time (if they know how) I think this makes it much more difficult than if all were posted using ONE time -

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.