Wiki Posts
Search

Missing smileys

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2004, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Missing smileys

In place of a smiley, i sometimes see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/travel/fttravel_forum/wink.gif or something similar.

Why? BTW the link proves dead if I double click it.
Old Apr 18, 2004, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
Originally Posted by mshaikun
In place of a smiley, i sometimes see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/travel/fttravel_forum/wink.gif or something similar.

Why? BTW the link proves dead if I double click it.
Those are threads posted prior to the new software. They refer to the smilies whose locations have changed since the transition.
Old Apr 18, 2004, 12:00 pm
21A

Originally Posted by UALOneKPlus
Those are threads posted prior to the new software. They refer to the smilies whose locations have changed since the transition.
It seems a sort of global find-replace would be possible to convert these to current smiley code (though probably not too high on anyone's priority list at the moment ).

There is also some odd <a href=" code with quoted text in converted posts.
Old Apr 18, 2004, 9:12 pm

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
Would be easier just to duplicate the smileys into the old locations. They don't take up that much space.
Old Apr 18, 2004, 9:40 pm
21A

Originally Posted by CrazyOne
Would be easier just to duplicate the smileys into the old locations. They don't take up that much space.
Would still require changes to the code in the posts, as they have link code rather than image code at the moment. (In other words, "wink.gif" could point to a wink icon rather than the current 404, but it would still say "wink.gif" unless it was changed to an image tag.)
Old Apr 19, 2004, 3:48 pm
dan at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by mkincaid
It seems a sort of global find-replace would be possible to convert these to current smiley code (though probably not too high on anyone's priority list at the moment ).
Exactly

Eventually, we may get around to these types of tweaks, but it may take a while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.