Wiki Posts
Search

Losing post when not signed in

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2004, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Unhappy Losing post when not signed in

Tried to post a reply - got message not signed in. Signed in, then told message had something like "bad title" - totally LOST message - back or redirect led to new thread without my previous typing. Is this a glitch or if I am using an outside computer do I have to save and pray?
Old Apr 14, 2004, 11:24 am
dan at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by estnet
Tried to post a reply - got message not signed in. Signed in, then told message had something like "bad title" - totally LOST message - back or redirect led to new thread without my previous typing. Is this a glitch or if I am using an outside computer do I have to save and pray?
So, to clarify, you tried to post a message, received a "you must login" error, logged in, then immediately received the "bad title" error?

What operating system and browser/version are you using?

Old Apr 14, 2004, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

I was using a computer in hotel club lounge running windows xp. AIR I first had not typed a title because I was replying to a thread - then got message that couldn't post without a title - so I put one in - then got the not logged in message-logged in - but message was lost.

I saw a previous thread where people were losing message b/c of slow connection but this was not during one of those times. It seems to be related to typing w/o being logged in (I don't have this problem - at least so far when I am using my own computer where I am auto. logged in) - asked to log in and then no message

Browser was IE

Last edited by estnet; Apr 14, 2004 at 8:20 pm Reason: forgot browser
Old Apr 15, 2004, 10:01 am
dan at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by estnet
I was using a computer in hotel club lounge running windows xp. AIR I first had not typed a title because I was replying to a thread - then got message that couldn't post without a title - so I put one in - then got the not logged in message-logged in - but message was lost.

I saw a previous thread where people were losing message b/c of slow connection but this was not during one of those times. It seems to be related to typing w/o being logged in (I don't have this problem - at least so far when I am using my own computer where I am auto. logged in) - asked to log in and then no message

Browser was IE
Since it was a public computer, there may have been settings in the browser to not store cookies, etc. Let us know if you have those same problems with your home system.

Old Apr 16, 2004, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Doubt that it was cookies - had used other sites which needed these and they worked well.

Anyway, thanks for trying- I know how hard it is to trouble shoot these kind of things and if I am the only one with the problem - no issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.