Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

FT account suddenly disallowed from posting?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FT account suddenly disallowed from posting?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2004, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Angry FT account suddenly disallowed from posting?

I know it's against the TOS to have two accounts, blah, blah, but I didn't have much choice here.

I tried to change the e-mail address on my "real" FT account (studentff) on Friday, and suddenly I am unable to post or edit any information in "My Flyertalk."

Selecting any link in "my flyeralk" says I don't have permission to access the page. The little "posting rules" box at the lower left basically says I don't have permission to do anything. I never received an e-mail at the new address requesting activation.

There's no way I've done anything offensive as I hadn't posted anything in the last week. And nobody's ever complained about my posts to my knowledge.

Please somebody fix my account.

Somebody please also consider allowing users that are mysteriously/needlessly "blocked" by this new software to post in the Technical Issues forum or something like that so that they have some redress to fix their problems. It's extremely frustrating to be completely blocked like this for no reason whatsoever. IMHO the new software is trying to do too much "stuff" beyond the basics (i.e., rating users, banning users willy-nilly, etc.) which is resulting in these sorts of problems in addition to the (slowly getting better) speed problems.

I'm posting because I wonder how may other users have been suddenly silenced by this situation/bug (obviously they can't reply either unless they do what I've done.)

Thanks,

(studentff)
Old Apr 3, 2004, 5:33 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
I looked at the list of banned users, and you are not there, so no one has deactivated your account.

I am not sure what happened, have you tried requesting the system to send you your password, or is it that you can log in, but in fact don't have any permission whatsoever?
Old Apr 3, 2004, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jfe
I am not sure what happened, have you tried requesting the system to send you your password, or is it that you can log in, but in fact don't have any permission whatsoever?
I can log in but don't have any permission whatsoever. I tried doing the "forgotten password" process just now, and it didn't help. I can still log in (using the new password), but at the bottom of the screen I still see: