Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

OP flag not showing consistently on posts within thread

Old Jun 18, 2017, 12:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

I've noticed this from time to time, but here's an example. In the TSS forum, in the "TSA Let's Minor...." thread today, the OP bigboy61 has two consecutive posts that are about number 20 in the thread. Thi first one has the expected "original poster" indication in blue under the username to the left of the post, but the second one does not.

ADDED: I just returned to that thread and now the OP flag is showing where it should. I was apparently viewing the posts very shortly after they were made. Is there a slight lag before the OP indication appears to the left of posts? I had always assumed that the OP indication automatically appears when the post is made and isn't something that FT adds slightly later.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jun 18, 2017 at 12:55 pm
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:42 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
There are lags with the database, such as those where moved posts won't show immediately or a false pagination occurs. I'm guessing this is another manifestation of data base lag.

We'll see what IB says Monday.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:56 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Economist, could you please post a link to that thread, or any others where it is occurring, so I can take a look?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Economist, could you please post a link to that thread, or any others where it is occurring, so I can take a look?
My OP identified the thread and posts where I noticed the problem, but it apparently corrected itself within a few minutes. I'm starting to suspect it's just a lag that I wasn't expecting.

I'll try to watch for other examples I can identity.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.