Wiki Posts
Search

Last first or last end

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,AA, WN
Last first or last end

I hope I am in the right forum. Is it me or is it Flyer Talk, but some threads have the last comment at the beginning of the thread and some have the last comment at the end of the thread. Can someone explain it?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:20 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Can you point to an example where the last comment appears first?

Without seeing an example, two explanations occur to me:

If there's a wiki, which appears at the top of the thread, someone might have edited that to include the final comment. (The same could also be true of the first post.) For example, if there's a "Do" (FT get together), the organizer will often paste all RSVPs into the first post so there's a consolidated list that's easy to find.

Alternately, if you happen to click the little blue box with a v in it to the left of the thread title, you'll be taken to the first post you haven't read, which may be the last post. FT is a little weird in that if it's an old thread -- even one you've never read -- it won't take you to the first post but rather to the first recent post.

Could either of those explain what you're experiencing?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 3:42 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
It's possible that a thread that is CLOSED to new posts will be in ?reverse" order. But in your preferences you can actually select which way threads run.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.