Search

2017 FT Awards voting issues

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 3:49 pm
No longer with Internet Brands
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Thumbs up Report voting issues with the 2017 FlyerTalk Awards

This thread is to report issues with the electronic ballot or other irregularities with the voting process for the 2017 FlyerTalk Awards.

Voting begins on Tuesday January 17, 2017 at 12pn Pacific time.

Vote here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/awards/
Old Feb 7, 2017, 3:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
2017 FT Awards voting issues

At the top of this post, I'm still seeing the banner as follows:

Flyer talk
AWARDS
FLY
STAY
DRIVE
VOTING ENDS TOMORROW!
Cast your vote today

However, when I click on "Cast your vote today" I get a message saying that voting has closed, and it's not even the end of the business day in California, assuming that voting was meant to end today and not yesterday or tomorrow.

I wasn't sure where to post this as it's not a technical issue.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 4:19 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Since the awards are under the purview of Internet Brands, I will send this to their forum so they are aware.

cblaisd, Co-Moderator
Suggestion Box
Old Feb 7, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
OK, just now when I looked, the announcement about voting (in addition to the banner I quoted above which is labeled under "Notices") appeared. This announcement is scheduled to be posted through February 8th, which is tomorrow (Wednesday).

Trying to click through from the link on the notice still goes to a page saying that voting has closed.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Feb 7, 2017 at 4:41 pm
Old Feb 7, 2017, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

It's closed as of noon today. Thanks guys, took the announcements down.

Paul
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi
It's closed as of noon today. Thanks guys, took the announcements down.

Paul
But shouldn't the information posted about when voting would end be correct? Until at least about 3:30 pm today California time, FT said that voting would end "tomorrow." To me, that says that I should at least be able to vote anytime today.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
But shouldn't the information posted about when voting would end be correct? Until at least about 3:30 pm today California time, FT said that voting would end "tomorrow." To me, that says that I should at least be able to vote anytime today.
That was the only inaccurate announcement -- we posted it yesterday, so we could make some urgency about voting asap by saying it closes "tomorrow".

All the other announcements had a day or date, Tuesday the 7th. We always close voting at noon on a Tuesday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.