Reload this Page >

You might need to improve your ad...

Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: QF P1,M&M HON,CX DM,AS MVP,Hyatt DM,SPG G

Why there's tons and tons of charity website ad (Starlight in Australia) show their ad in FT and it does not indicate you can donate your points, since this is frequent flyer website with lots of points discussion, it does not make any sense.

Last edited by cblaisd; Jan 10, 2017 at 7:30 pm Reason: Removed undisclosed tracking pixel
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:00 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Moving to the Technical Support forum

cblaisd, Co-Moderator, Suggestion Box
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:33 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
My apologies, but I'm not at all sure of what you're attempting to tell or ask of us here, and neither the title nor the image (a screen shot of a post by theLuxuryTravelExpert discussing QF First Class travel with an embedded video).

As far as I know each airline or other travel service supplier has its own policy regarding donation of miles or points. E.g. American Airlines only allows contributions of miles to its own select charities, or one can always use one's miles to secure travel for others - including employees or volunteers of charities. It does not allow miles to be used in charity auctions.

I'd think discussion about donating instruments such as Miles and points would therefore be most appropriate in each supplier's forum, or if discussing a specific charity discussion would be best in the FlyerTalk Cares forum.

If this post doesn't address your concern, please feel free to further elaborate your post.

Thank you, JDiver, Co-Moderator
Old Jan 10, 2017, 11:37 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
My apologies, but I'm not at all sure of what you're attempting to tell or ask of us here, and neither the title nor the image (a screen shot of a post by theLuxuryTravelExpert discussing QF First Class travel with an embedded video).

As far as I know each airline or other travel service supplier has its own policy regarding donation of miles or points. E.g. American Airlines only allows contributions of miles to its own select charities, or one can always use one's miles to secure travel for others - including employees or volunteers of charities. It does not allow miles to be used in charity auctions.

I'd think discussion about donating instruments such as Miles and points would therefore be most appropriate in each supplier's forum, or if discussing a specific charity discussion would be best in the FlyerTalk Cares forum.

If this post doesn't address your concern, please feel free to further elaborate your post.

Thank you, JDiver, Co-Moderator
I think the OP is complaining because the ad to the right of the post (for a charity group) solicits a monetary donation and the OP thinks it should instead be soliciting a points donation.

OP: I'm fairly certain that FlyerTalk didn't directly sell ad space to Starlight and that Starlight didn't buy ads specifically on FT. Typically the buyers and sellers work with a third-party company that places tons of ads for different clients across different websites that meet that client's demographic requirements. Unless it's a fairly substantial advertising purchase, ads rarely would be tailored for the specific website. And even if Starlight knew it were advertising on FT, it still wants to get cash donations -- it can't pay its advertising bill using points that people have donated.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 7:30 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
As the OP is no longer a member of FlyerTalk, I'll close this.

cblaisd, Co-Moderator
Technical Support

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.