Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: FlyerTalk Mobile Skin issues, glitches, questions, etc. prior to 28 Mar 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: FlyerTalk Mobile Skin issues, glitches, questions, etc. prior to 28 Mar 2016

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by BenSenise
are you referring to the last read post in a thread?

my way of reading the forum is to scan down the list of forums with unread posts. they are indicated by bold text.

i open the threads that i'm interested in and read the new posts. this might only be two or three threads in a forum with 50 threads that have unread posts in them.

once i've read what i'm interested in, i "mark the forum as read" and all the threads are now listed in plain (not bold) text.

this is how i read the forum on the non-mobile site and i can't seem to do this on the mobile site. is there a better way to achieve the same goal on the mobile site?
There is no way to manually do that on the mobile skin.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 10:11 am

Pages never finish loading on mobile

Every time I load any FT page on my mobile (Moto G/Android/Lollipop), it never finishes loading. The progress bar reaches 80-90% and then stalls. I can still reach the content by clicking the stop button from the Chrome menu, which terminates the loading process and shows the page content.

Anyone else seeing this? Unfortunately, mobile chrome does not appear to have developer tools, so not sure how can I debug this further.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nerd
On my Nexus 5, none of the Subscribed forums are showing up. There should be 7 listed in the large blank space in the middle of the screen:

Fixed the image. It's broken on the mobile site.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Blackberry Bold 9700 I was defaulted to the Mobile site yesterday. Have always used the Full Site on my Blackberry. When I try to click on the Full Site link, it does not work. Why the sudden change? Somewhat unhappy.. Kindly advise how I could revert back to the Full Site Version. Thanks and Safe Travels

UPDATE: I enabled Javascript, once I did I was able to view the Full Site. Disabled Javascript and tried again, viola Full Site Creature of old habit.. me and my Blackberry are like Linus and his Blanket. Safe Travels and Browsing to all..

Last edited by Flying Machine; Mar 28, 2015 at 11:42 am
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:32 am

revert back to mobile site after viewing desktop version

Hi,

I like the mobile version but after clicking on clicking view full site, I can't get the mobile site. Any suggestions on returning my browser to view the mobile site?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xraywinedrinker
Hi,

I like the mobile version but after clicking on clicking view full site, I can't get the mobile site. Any suggestions on returning my browser to view the mobile site?
Try going to http://m.flyertalk.com.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by nerd
Thanks. Worked perfectly.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:22 am

Thank you for your work, the mobile site works very nicely on my BB10 phone.

I have one request: would it be possible to have a drop-down menu selector for the forums, instead of moving through the hierarchy with menus? Right now I need 2 or 3 clicks to get to the forum I want, it would be nice to switch from one to another.

Thank you!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by xraywinedrinker
Hi,

If you are viewing the full site on a mobile device, there's a button at the bottom to switch to mobile.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by malmostoso
Thank you for your work, the mobile site works very nicely on my BB10 phone.

I have one request: would it be possible to have a drop-down menu selector for the forums, instead of moving through the hierarchy with menus? Right now I need 2 or 3 clicks to get to the forum I want, it would be nice to switch from one to another.

Thank you!
We'll do our best to keep improving navigation in future versions; for the time being, you can bookmark the forums you want to visit.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 3:35 pm

I'm currently on my Android device and I don't see an option to switch to the mobile version. I'm using Chrome.

http://i.imgur.com/SCDMQfP.jpg
Old Apr 1, 2015, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Nick92
I'm currently on my Android device and I don't see an option to switch to the mobile version. I'm using Chrome.

http://i.imgur.com/SCDMQfP.jpg
Try clearing cookies from your mobile browser.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

mobile FT is an attrocity

I think we all know this basic fact, but now that "view full site" links back to the mobile site (with a LOOOONG delay), I feel compelled to complain.

-most of us have phones that are capable of using the "full site"
-if you were capable of developing a useful app, we would install such
-I like the fact that FT continues to deploy 1980s technology
-I'm cool with 2015 technology as well, but if you guys don't have the man power to pull such off, then let's stick with what works

Key points:
1) no more FT mobile until it is user friendly
2) send a message to all when you figure out a better solution
Old Apr 25, 2015, 9:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thanks for putting us back on the old system, but no thanks for the slow (120 seconds) loading on mobile. Do you guys qa this stuff prior to releasing it?
Old Apr 26, 2015, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moondog
Thanks for putting us back on the old system, but no thanks for the slow (120 seconds) loading on mobile. Do you guys qa this stuff prior to releasing it?
Two minutes?

Maybe it is just your phone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.