Wiki Posts
Search

"News" button on posts: purpose, issues, discussion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2016, 12:36 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by JDiver
A little perspective, perhaps: FlyerTalk is a biggish fish in a very large pond with 94 other fish (95 websites in seven categories). Changes are going to have to add value to more sites than just a single one, I suspect.
To flesh out Jose's sentiment a bit more, the "core" VBulletin development of things like the mobile skin affects 20 other travel forums directly, and is in turn affected by more than 500 forums across all of IB. We can't make changes lightly, nor can we do ones like this quickly, since there is so much riding on them in terms of community and in terms of development resources.

We all wish we could move faster and better hone in on the issues of major importance to groups of members. But we do our best and stay dedicated to the big picture of improving FlyerTalk along with all the other forums (though, again, FT is the primary mover of these things).
Old Nov 15, 2016, 2:36 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Please remember that we still group posts by topic; please discuss the FT mobile skin in the appropriate threads, for example.

In the spirit of this forum being a venue to resolve problems or offer feedback in a constructive framework, we also will remove posts that become overly negative or mainly argumentative.

Thank you for your understanding and participation.

JDiver, Moderator
Old Nov 18, 2016, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Zorak
Fair enough, but on a percentage basis, I feel like having the News button on every single FT post is overkill. And it clutters up the UI.

Maybe it could be moved over to the left next to the "online" status and "report" button....
Agree with moving it - it's a control I'd rarely use but its current location gets in the way of those I often use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.