Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search results showing in random order

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Search results showing in random order

In the past, doing (for example) a search within a forum to show threads resulted in the threads being listed in order of the last post. This no longer happens.

For example, today I was doing a (quick, not advanced) search in the DL forum, to display thread titles, on the word "CLEAR". The thread I wanted, which has "CLEAR" in the title and in most posts, appeared on page 6 of my search results, despite having been started on April 29, 2016 with a most recent post on October 19, 2016 (only two days ago). It was listed just after a thread that was started on July 31, 2009 with a most recent post dated September 23, 2016 and just before a thread that was started on September 22, 2016 with its most recent post from September 23, 2016. Looking at the earlier five pages of lists of threads doesn't show any with really old last posts, but they seem to be in random order and are not listed based on the most recent post or indeed when the thread was first started. I wasn't able to click on the top of the "most recent post" column of dates to re-order the list.

I've noticed this before, probably within the last week or month, but it was especially annoying today because if the threads had been ordered properly, I would have been able to find the information I needed much more quickly.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:54 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
I am not sure, but perhaps it is related to the fact that search now yields results if the keyword resides in the wikipost in a thread?

That new feature has been problematic and we will be rolling it back until we can fix.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 7:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'll try to pay attention to that the next time I try a search, but there didn't seem to be an obvious pattern to me of threads with and without wikis. In fact, the thread I wanted did have "CLEAR" in the wiki while many of the threads that erroneously appeared earlier in the list didn't have wikis.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 7:39 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by IBobi
I am not sure, but perhaps it is related to the fact that search now yields results if the keyword resides in the wikipost in a thread?

That new feature has been problematic and we will be rolling it back until we can fix.
I've found searches to be problematic when a Wikipost contains the words one is seeking. E.g. status+exception or "status+exception"
searching posts containing such a key phrase, results as posts, produces an unusable hotch potch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.