Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finding a merged or moved thread post or thread on FT

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2016, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

moved thread

I'm not a frequent user, but I noticed my thread on the American Airlines forum was moved..but I'm not sure where.... how do I find out?

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 13, 2016 at 8:00 pm Reason: Restore original post title
Old Sep 13, 2016, 1:33 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by taveller
I'm not a frequent user, but I noticed my thread on the American Airlines forum was moved..but I'm not sure where.... how do I find out?
Send a PM to the moderator of that forum. You can find a list of mods at the bottom right of the forum directory.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 1:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you click on your username, public profile, and then statistics, you can click to show all posts or all threads started by you. For a recent thread/post or for someone without many threads/posts, this is the quick and easy way to find something you've written. In fact, you can also skip the profile step and from clicking on your username go directly to a listing of your recent posts.

It looks like the post was moved to a consolidated thread on Hawaii service in the AA forum.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 7:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by taveller
In the American Airlines | AAdvantage forum it is the practice that when a post or thread is moved, or merged into an existing thread (to prevent information fragmentation), a trailing link is left behind to follow to the post or thread in its new location. This is a common Moderator Best Practice that should be used in all fora. If this was done recently, the trailing link / thread title will be on the first or second forum page. When you find it, click on it and you'll be at the new thread location or the thread your query has been merged in.

MSPeconomist and Mwenenzi have both given you useful advice. I'll add some more information that I hope proves useful as well. (You can always contact the forum's Moderators by using the "report this post" function by each post - looks like a ble circle containing a red circle with a white exclamation point; if the forum has no appointed Moderators, the report will be sent to the four Senior Moderators.)

If your question was about AA Hawai'i services, it has been merged into the existing thread (follow the links given below to your original posts):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post27202384. A trailing link was left.

If your question was about pre-departure beverages, it can be found toward the end of the thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post27207053

Preventing information fragmentation is important, because if a member searches and surfaces a dozen or more threads - easy in a very busy* forum like the AA forum - that member would have to pore through a number of threads to see if the topic of interest is covered in any of them. Additionally, a master thread often has a summary in the Wikipost at the top of the page summarizing important information, connecting links to resources and often enough relevant information not published by the airline or other travel service provider.

*328 are reading the AA forum as I post this.

We recommend searching for existing information before starting new threads for these reasons. We also recommend creating specific and descriptive titles, so members can help. "Hinolulu service" and "Pre departure" are not very useful titles to get members' attention.

One helpful thread is my colleague Canarsie's http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...ve-thread.html.

These are FlyerTalk Rules that cover many of these issues http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php to help guide the way.

We try to keep FlyerTalk as informative and useful to members' travel as possible, and that's at least partially how we do it.

A very belated welcome to FlyerTalk , and hopes you will continue finding FT to help in "upgrading" your travel and knowledge. Don't forget to share your knowledge and experiences back when you have opportunities to do so.

JDiver, Moderator
American Airlines | AAdvantage, FlyerTalk Cares, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, TalkBoard fora

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 13, 2016 at 8:03 pm
Old Sep 13, 2016, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Click on quick links (top right) then my posts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.