Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Blank Post Reply page on some threads -- TRY SCROLLING RIGHT!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2016, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist

I've posted to hundreds of threads using Post Reply and Quote.
For the past week, I've been unable to post anything to the United "Let's Eat" thread. I get a page without any box to write. It's completely blank.

I get it on my iPad but not my MacBook Pro using either Safari, Chrome or Firefox.

Alerted Mod who said others had reported the same problem and it was reported to Tech Services, who apparently ... have a queue of issues and haven't got to it yet.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 30, 2016 at 7:02 am Reason: Deleted violation of Rules 12.1 Friendly, Respectful and Welcoming
Old Jul 30, 2016, 7:12 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I can verify this occurs in one of the "Let's Eat" threads, using iPad Air 2 with Safari, both with latest software updates and no third party software overlaid with FT full version.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...nessfirst.html

It does not occur for me when I try to reply to other threads, including

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-business.html

or apparently the 23 other "Let's Eat" threads, of which I tried several. (Next time there are multiple threads involved, please include a link to the thread in question.)

That seems to be a damaged thread, and I'm quite sure Tech is working on it. Do try to remember Tech is responsible for 95 web sites, including FlyerTalk.

JDiver, Moderator
Old Aug 1, 2016, 4:16 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Still happening?

Works fine for me on iPhone...
Old Aug 1, 2016, 5:23 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
I'm having the same problem on the travel photography forum (view from your hotel room).
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi
Still happening?

Works fine for me on iPhone...
Not for me any more (iPad Air 2 w/ Safari on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...nessfirst.html).

Nor for me in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...otel-room.html; that works fine for me.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 4:59 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Low Roller
I'm having the same problem on the travel photography forum (view from your hotel room).
If there is a specific post that you are unable to reply to, please post a link to it here.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi
If there is a specific post that you are unable to reply to, please post a link to it here.
This thread won't let me post a reply: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...otel-room.html

I'm using Firefox on an old windows platform, so that may be the problem, although I was able to post photos to another forum last night without any problems.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 6:29 pm

This thread won't let me post a reply: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...otel-room.html
Never mind. I see the problem. It looks like a blank reply box (as pictured in the post above), but if I scroll to the right (a couple of screens), the place to enter the info is there. Weird.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:32 am

Never mind. I see the problem. It looks like a blank reply box (as pictured in the post above), but if I scroll to the right (a couple of screens), the place to enter the info is there. Weird.
It's a glitch, but it does work that way currently with Android phones.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I just encountered the problem for the first time. I'm on W7 using Chrome. Was going to reply to a couple of posts in the Summer Olympics post in Omni & get the image in the OP is what I encountered. Yesterday no problem w/ replies in any forum.

Cheers.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I just encountered the problem for the first time. I'm on W7 using Chrome. Was going to reply to a couple of posts in the Summer Olympics post in Omni & get the image in the OP is what I encountered. Yesterday no problem w/ replies in any forum. Cheers.
Do you see the reply box if you scroll right, like about 2-3 screens to the right?
Old Aug 9, 2016, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
Do you see the reply box if you scroll right, like about 2-3 screens to the right?
Yes, thanks to this thread. And I haven't encountered the problem since last report.

Cheers.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Yes, thanks to this thread. And I haven't encountered the problem since last report.

Cheers.
Another way, if you are using an Android device, is turn it to landscape orientation when using the Thread Tools or Search This Thread menus.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Another way, if you are using an Android device, is turn it to landscape orientation when using the Thread Tools or Search This Thread menus.
Good for Android users to know.

However, when I experienced the problem I was on my laptop using Chrome/W7 as I noted in my post when I reported it. I've not experienced it since then, but if I do I'll know to scroll right to find the spot where I can reply.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.