Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

FlyerTalk new Mobile Skin issues, glitches, questions etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FlyerTalk new Mobile Skin issues, glitches, questions etc.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Pres Club
Not sure if I'm missing something, but is there actually a way to use the full site on mobile now? The button is at the bottom of the page... but I can no longer get to the bottom of the page thanks to the infinity scrolling "feature". It means I can't read any posts with Wikis in them anymore
Old Apr 15, 2016, 2:47 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by dungeonlurker
Not sure if I'm missing something, but is there actually a way to use the full site on mobile now? The button is at the bottom of the page... but I can no longer get to the bottom of the page thanks to the infinity scrolling "feature". It means I can't read any posts with Wikis in them anymore
Go to the last "page" using the page forward feature (gray arrows) and then go to the bottom of the page and the button is still there.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by thelark
I'm also still experiencing this and it's really annoying.
Yeah fix this .... it's unbearably bad.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by thelark
Yeah fix this .... it's unbearably bad.
Fix it
Old May 8, 2016, 6:56 pm

still not working
Old May 9, 2016, 5:58 pm

Bumping with tech.
Old May 18, 2016, 2:34 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Mobile

Accessing https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1756660-fare-gone-aa-jal-tpe-sjc-sac-1-25-cpm-43.html from a Google search on my iPhone 6s running the latest iOS brought forth a malformed page not using the new platform. I was not signed in to my account.
Header:

Footer:
Old May 18, 2016, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Accessing (Fare Gone) AA/JAL: TPE - SJC/SAC (~1.25 cpm) ?? from a Google search on my iPhone 6s running the latest iOS brought forth a malformed page not using the new platform. I was not signed in to my account.
Header:

Footer:
That's weird -- still happening?
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:32 pm

Way to Mark Fora "Read" on Mobile Devices

When I'm on my MacBook, I can simply "double tap" on any forum's "Plane/Globe" Icon, and that marks the entire forum as "read".

Any way to do this on mobile devices - but while still using the desktop version of the site?

For example, I use an iPad Pro at work. I've got the Smart Cover w/Keyoard, but still, at times, use the touch screen. If I double tap said icon, I only end up zooming in, and not marking it as read.

Any workaround? Am I missing something?
Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

it is under forum tools, but when using desktop site on mobile device i often (vast majority of the time) experience a problem: clicking forum tools works fine, but menu clicks off when i try to click mark forum read.

i actually never noticed the (double clicking) plane/globe thing when IB added it!

edit >
Post New Thread Page 1 of 158 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 51 101 > Last »
Threads in Forum : Technical Support and Feedback Forum Tools Trending Threads Search this Forum

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 31, 2016 at 8:19 am
Old Jul 29, 2016, 10:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
It's probably a typical IB mobile problem.

The irony is on the recent 'If I Ran FT' thread, they said they consider input & do a poll. Not sure they need a poll when the #1 complaint technology wise was the sucky/horrible mobile experience on FT. And it would be stoo-pid to do a poll on it unless they have a timeline to address it (which, given we've been waiting for years isn't likely soon).

Cheers.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
it is under forum tools
Oh my goodness, this is perfect! I cannot believe I never noticed this.

Thank you!
Old Aug 2, 2016, 8:32 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
it is under forum tools, but when using desktop site on mobile device i often (vast majority of the time) experience a problem: clicking forum tools works fine, but menu clicks off when i try to click mark forum read.

i actually never noticed the (double clicking) plane/globe thing when IB added it!

edit >
Post New Thread Page 1 of 158 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 51 101 > Last »
Threads in Forum : Technical Support and Feedback Forum Tools Trending Threads Search this Forum
How quickly does the Forum Tools drop down disappear? I tried it on my Android (using Chrome) and it did seem to disappear after a while, but still gave me enough time to click "Mark Forum Read". Are you on iOS or a non-Chrome browser?
Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:39 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by IBJoel
How quickly does the Forum Tools drop down disappear? I tried it on my Android (using Chrome) and it did seem to disappear after a while, but still gave me enough time to click "Mark Forum Read". Are you on iOS or a non-Chrome browser?
Using Android and Chrome, the Forum Tools menu often displays to the right of the threads display, and one must scroll right and down a bit to access it. If one does this quickly, there's no problem; if one hesitates because one is unsure what occurred, thd Forum Tools menu disappears after a few seconds, iirc.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 4:02 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
I'm also in the category of "didn't know this was a thing". I've seen the globe icon and that they turned dim when I've read all the threads in a forum, but I had no idea you could just double-click the icon to turn it dim. Great feature!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.