Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vacation needs saving

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2016, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Vacation needs saving

Ok so, the week my family was going on a lovely vacation to Paris. Sadly weather at ohare made us miss our flight. Long story short our bags are still in ohare. We are in Paris without any cloths. Please help!
Old Jul 23, 2016, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
You need to speak with your airline, not the people on the technical support board of FT.

Good luck getting your bags.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 1:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Star air
Ok so, the week my family was going on a lovely vacation to Paris. Sadly weather at ohare made us miss our flight. Long story short our bags are still in ohare. We are in Paris without any cloths. Please help!
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Which airline was the last airline you flew getting to Paris? They are responsible for getting your baggage to you, and you can usually request reimbursement for reasonable necessities - check with that airline to see what they allow, and ask when you can expect your baggage to be delivered.

As this is the Technical Support and Feedback forum, we will move your query to a more appropriate forum soon. /Moderator
Old Jul 23, 2016, 2:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - It is the responsibility of the last delivering air carrier, in other words, the carrier that flew you into Paris to deliver your bags to you and to compensate you for what you need in the meantime.

What carrier is that and what is that carrier telling you?

On a route such as ORD-CDG it is most likely that your bags will catch up with you in a day or perhaps even less. Hopefully you have several days' clothing in your carry-ons anyway, but if you don't, check with the carrier. Some will give you a preloaded prepaid card which you can use to purchase necessities and others will give you a set limit. Others will tell you to keep it reasonable.

If the latter, keep it reasonable. Keep receipts and don't spend anything you wouldn't buy if you don't get reimbursed.

On that note, what about lost baggage insurance? Do you carry it? Does your credit card? Anything else?

In the remote chance that your bags are truly lost, after 21 days, you are each entitled to fair market value up to a maximum of approx. $1,600. But, that really is a remote possibility.

So, back to basics, what carrier and what is the carrier telling you?
Old Jul 23, 2016, 11:36 pm

Hello again,

Please tell us which the last airline / carrier you had (which airline you arrived on at CDG) so we can move this to the proper forum, and members most familiar with that airline and its procedures can help you with any insight they might be able to share.

/Moderator
Old Jul 23, 2016, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
This is why I carry 2-3 days worth of clothes with me onto the plane. I never count on the checked bags making it.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:07 pm

Given this was "drive by" posting in the wrong forum (no attempt to think where it might have been posted for maximum effectivenes, with a paucity of information and no followup, made by a new poster and from France and merely asking for nonspecific help, I'm feeling this has the appearance of a possible fishing expedition.

I am closing this thread for now. If Star air revisits, Star air can ask the Moderator (me) to reopen this thread, etc. (Click on the circle widget with the red circled white exclamation point to communicate with the Moderator.)

If there's no further action, rather than foist this on another Moderator we will let this sink into the primordial ooze of dead posts and threads.

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.