Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Problems with scripts stopping on pages? PLS POST SCREEN SHOTS!

Problems with scripts stopping on pages? PLS POST SCREEN SHOTS!

Old Jun 14, 2016, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I'm simply having posting. The screen will show "posting" and kinda stays there. If I scroll, it just turns white. Using Safari 9.1.1 on a Mac Mini with OSX 10.11.5. I'd post a screen shot, but it would quite literally be a white screen with "FlyerTalk" on the active tab. I have to force quit Safari to do anything else.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 1:40 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
If you are having issues with page loads, please post a SCREEN SHOT so we can see the ads on the page, thank you.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I just posted again and received a script error.

Are ads causing this issue? I'm ad-free because I'm an ambassador, so I don't think it's on my end.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 5:20 pm
1P
Original Poster

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Here it is!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
FT script error message 3.pdf (140.0 KB, 27 views)
Old Jun 16, 2016, 5:28 pm
1P
Original Poster

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by IBobi
If you are having issues with page loads, please post a SCREEN SHOT so we can see the ads on the page, thank you.
Ah, that might be it. Here is the error message from a page that has ads from Sheraton, EE, TalkTalk, Roku and others. Plus an ad (video or flash play) that won't load and resolutely remain as a black square.

Add the following to http: for the unresponsive script:

http://cdn.adnxs.com/v/s/41/trk.js:130
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a problem with the sexual ChnLove.com advertising. And I have cleared all my cookies etc. Just because I log on from Asia doesn't mean I should have to put up with this type of adverts. I have also reported this to google but to no avail.
Attached Images

Last edited by Q Shoe Guy; Jun 16, 2016 at 8:19 pm
Old Jun 17, 2016, 12:25 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
I have a problem with the sexual ChnLove.com advertising. And I have cleared all my cookies etc. Just because I log on from Asia doesn't mean I should have to put up with this type of adverts. I have also reported this to google but to no avail.
Thank you for the screen shot! We're investigating this.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Thank you for the screen shot! We're investigating this.
Good, as it is still appearing. As a side note, when you click the (x) on the ad in question it asks you the reason why you want to NOT see this ad. Interesting is that once you click the (x) it deposits cookies of this web site in the cache.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 3:06 pm
1P
Original Poster

After several peaceful weeks with few or no problems, this is now back with a vengeance. The last couple of days have had freezes on multiple (but not all) pages.

I'm quite sure it's due to adverts not loading properly. Very occasionally the page will stall opposite the big black rectangle where the ad will appear (if the script works) or not (if it doesn't).

Can nothing be done to fix this?
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:56 am

Exactly the same problem here with multiple errors loading scripts. Makes the site unuseable. Just typing in this post took some time as the number of script errors displayed slows everything down to a crawl.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 4:16 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by 1P
After several peaceful weeks with few or no problems, this is now back with a vengeance. The last couple of days have had freezes on multiple (but not all) pages.

I'm quite sure it's due to adverts not loading properly. Very occasionally the page will stall opposite the big black rectangle where the ad will appear (if the script works) or not (if it doesn't).

Can nothing be done to fix this?
Originally Posted by scillyisles
Exactly the same problem here with multiple errors loading scripts. Makes the site unuseable. Just typing in this post took some time as the number of script errors displayed slows everything down to a crawl.
Still happening? Have you tried clearing cache?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.