Wiki Posts
Search

No replies post (to merge)

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2016, 4:41 am
Original Poster

No replies post (to merge)

Greetings FT.

I'm new on the forum but for some reason, whenever I post a reply everything I write is deleted except the quote from the post I'm replying to. Every. Single. Time.

Is there a problem with my account not being allowed to post or something like that?
Thanks!
Old May 25, 2016, 7:59 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by dread_specter
Greetings FT.

I'm new on the forum but for some reason, whenever I post a reply everything I write is deleted except the quote from the post I'm replying to. Every. Single. Time.

Is there a problem with my account not being allowed to post or something like that?
Thanks!
Sorry this is occurring to you.

You definitely can post - as evidenced by your post above - but posts by very new members containing image links or URLs are suppressed to be approved by moderators. This means they won't be seen until they are released by the responsible forum or Senior Moderator.

I see one post here, three in the Air Canada forum. If those were suppressed, the forum Moderators would have been sent automated messages to read and approve or disapprove.

We have had to do that for spam control, unfortunately, at the cost of inconvenience to legitimate newer members.

See this thread (where your post will be merged soon): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...w-missing.html.

/Moderator
Old May 25, 2016, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
Sorry this is occurring to you.

You definitely can post - as evidenced by your post above - but posts by very new members containing image links or URLs are suppressed to be approved by moderators. This means they won't be seen until they are released by the responsible forum or Senior Moderator.

I see one post here, three in the Air Canada forum. If those were suppressed, the forum Moderators would have been sent automated messages to read and approve or disapprove.

We have had to do that for spam control, unfortunately, at the cost of inconvenience to legitimate newer members.

See this thread (where your post will be merged soon): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...w-missing.html.

/Moderator
Old May 25, 2016, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Case in point I guess.

I don't know if you can see what I wrote in the reply, but this is what I'm talking about haha.

Best regards
Old May 25, 2016, 6:44 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Case in point I guess.

I don't know if you can see what I wrote in the reply, but this is what I'm talking about haha.

Best regards
I can see my quoted post above your post.

If it had been suppressed by the system, I'd have received a PM and an e-mail directing me as follows:

This is an automated message. Please do not reply.

The following thread is awaiting moderation.

Posted By: username
Forum: Technical Support and Feedback
Title: <title>
"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum." <URL>

Remainder of the post has been excluded

Click here to moderate this post: <link>
I would then see your post and decide to approve or not, and whether to take any further action if the post were spam.

I didn't in your case, and both the quoting of my post and your follow up post show up.

Best, JDiver
Old May 26, 2016, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Hi JDiver.
I guess I'm failing to explain myself well.

You see, in that post where you see me quoting you, I actually wrote text. Not just your quote, I wrote a dozen lines where I say I'm sorry to have not posted in the right thread and so on so forth. Yet, what I see is just your quote, with none of the text that I typed in after that quote. That is the problem I am having. The same thing happend in the air canada posts where I replied to a post but only the quote showed, the 35 or so lines of explanation I wrote did not show up. I guess you don't see them either, which leads me to believe that the text is missing not because it's pending moderation, but because for some reason, if I use reply on firefox mobile, it will only quote the last post and all the extra text I typed in gets discarded.

Cheers
Old May 26, 2016, 4:35 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Hi JDiver.
I guess I'm failing to explain myself well.

You see, in that post where you see me quoting you, I actually wrote text. Not just your quote, I wrote a dozen lines where I say I'm sorry to have not posted in the right thread and so on so forth. Yet, what I see is just your quote, with none of the text that I typed in after that quote. That is the problem I am having. The same thing happend in the air canada posts where I replied to a post but only the quote showed, the 35 or so lines of explanation I wrote did not show up. I guess you don't see them either, which leads me to believe that the text is missing not because it's pending moderation, but because for some reason, if I use reply on firefox mobile, it will only quote the last post and all the extra text I typed in gets discarded.

Cheers

1. Always do the following before assuming it's a FT issue:
*Clear your browser cache and cookies
*Turn off plugins -- especially ones that change what you see on the page
*Try doing your task in another browser and see if it resolves
2. If it's still happening, tell us *step by step* what you are doing to make your problem happen. For instance on FT there are many ways to quote a post; click by click, what are YOU doing?
3. Try to begin any trouble report by telling us your device, browser, whether you are using the full site or mobile skin, and anything else you think is helpful.
4. Screen shots are often the most helpful thing you can post. In your case try taking a shot of your screen before and after you hit SUBMIT.
5. When you make a report, we have either seen it reported before, or we haven't. If we have seen it reported before, it's either already been fixed, or it has not. If we have not seen it before, we must ask you a lot of questions (like this), because you are either the FIRST or the ONLY one reporting an issue, and that's the same thing to us, until and unless we get additional reports of the same issue. When there's a single report, the chances that it is a browser issue and not a FT issue are very high.

Last edited by IBobi; May 26, 2016 at 4:43 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.