Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search terms / words continue to show in red

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2016, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Just logging out and in again took care of the problem. I didn't have to clear my cache or cookies.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Previous search terms now show in red in all posts, threads, and fora?

I had previously done a forum search for three specific words and now those three words are highlighted in red in every post, in every thread, in every forum where they are used.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 3:52 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by anrkitec
I had previously done a forum search for three specific words and now those three words are highlighted in red in every post, in every thread, in every forum where they are used.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks.
Glitch.

Try clearing cache...
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:23 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
"Fraud" displayed in red in posts

A few days ago I was reading a thread and noticed that every occurrence of the word "fraud" was in bold red letters. At first I assumed that poster had done that, until I saw it was formatted identically in posts from other posters. I didn't think much of it until reading this thread. Just randomly did a Google search for "fraud site:flyertalk.com" and see the same is occurring in other threads. In fact, I've done no formatting to this post (save the hyperlink) and I'm fairly certain that the word fraud will appear in bold red. Are others seeing the same thing?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
A few days ago I was reading a thread and noticed that every occurrence of the word "fraud" was in bold red letters. At first I assumed that poster had done that, until I saw it was formatted identically in posts from other posters. I didn't think much of it until reading this thread. Just randomly did a Google search for "fraud site:flyertalk.com" and see the same is occurring in other threads. In fact, I've done no formatting to this post (save the hyperlink) and I'm fairly certain that the word fraud will appear in bold red. Are others seeing the same thing?
No, the only time I get highlighting like that is when I do a search for the term.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 5:51 pm

So weird. I've actually had terms appear in red when I've searched for them, but I definitely didn't search for "fraud" at any time in recent memory, and certainly not today. A few other FT friends privately confirmed they're not seeing it either, so it appears my browser has a thing about fraud in particular.

Windows 10, Chrome 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit)
Old Apr 13, 2017, 5:17 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Right, just to prove that it must just be your system or FT handle, down at the bottom of this post is a screenshot of what it looks like to me.

Does the URL for this page look like this?
Code:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1836304-fraud.html
If so, try just deleting "-fraud" from the URL and hit enter and see if it goes away.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:27 am

So weird. I've actually had terms appear in red when I've searched for them, but I definitely didn't search for "fraud" at any time in recent memory, and certainly not today. A few other FT friends privately confirmed they're not seeing it either, so it appears my browser has a thing about fraud in particular.

Windows 10, Chrome 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit)
This happened to me with a different word a while ago. At some point, you must have searched for the word fraud.

The way I got rid of it was to log out and back in to FT. It hasn't happened since.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by lo2e
Right, just to prove that it must just be your system or FT handle, down at the bottom of this post is a screenshot of what it looks like to me.

Does the URL for this page look like this?
Code:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1836304-fraud.html
If so, try just deleting "-fraud" from the URL and hit enter and see if it goes away.
Yes, the URL looks like that, because the URL for any thread incorporates the thread title. Deleting the word fraud from the URL takes me to a page that doesn't exist.

If you look at the link in my original post, the word fraud does not appear in the URL, yet I still have the issue:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...-please-2.html
Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e
This happened to me with a different word a while ago. At some point, you must have searched for the word fraud.

The way I got rid of it was to log out and back in to FT. It hasn't happened since.
Logging out, clearing cookies and logging back in again does not work, however when I logged into FT from my work computer, the word did not appear in bold red. So it appears that it's unique to my account and my personal Windows laptop running Chrome.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 6:38 am

Hmmm... your personal computer is holding it somewhere. Worked like a charm for me and a few others who have asked the question since.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Logging out, clearing cookies and logging back in again does not work, however when I logged into FT from my work computer, the word did not appear in bold red. So it appears that it's unique to my account and my personal Windows laptop running Chrome.
I am seeing the same thing on my work computer but not on my home computer. I have logged out and on and have rebooted my system. Running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (latest update) and Chrome 64 bit Version 59.0.3071.115

Any suggestions?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:32 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Clear cache & cookies.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by IBobi
Clear cache & cookies.
That is way too much overkill. That will require the user to have to redo all passwords, auto completions, etc.

What you guys need is something you can give out to delete the vbseo_highlighing cookie. After I did that (courtesy of Chrome's developer tools) it was all good.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:34 pm

It had no expiration date. Thanks for hunting that down.

-David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.