Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post "echoes" repeatedly appear temporarily in thread

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2016, 8:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Post "echoes" repeatedly appear temporarily in thread

This is a problem that I've noticed at least twice within the last several days, involving different fora and different posters. It seems to start as I post a quick reply and then disappears if I refresh the page of the thread.

After I hit the post quick reply button, the thread reappears, but with the post just above mine (which was apparently done as I was writing my post) appearing many many times (maybe twenty the first time I noticed this, and approximately fifty times this morning), all identical with the same post number and time stamp. When I scroll down through the duplicates, my new post does not appear at the end.

However, when I refresh, the duplicates disappear and my post appears at the bottom, so that everything is fixed and the thread appears as expected.

Very strange.
Old May 7, 2016, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It just happened again to me in the "Free drinks for Diamonds/credit card holders?" thread in the DL forum. My post #3 appeared approximately one hundred times, all as post #3, in the thread (I tried to count them this time!), but again when I refreshed, all oof the duplicates disappeared.

This instance was different in that I saw echoes of my own post this time, rather than that of someone else with my own post temporarily not appearing. Again, it looks like someone else was making a post just as I was doing so.
Old May 7, 2016, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

.....and again, just like in the post above, in the TSS Policy Debate forum's thread on "Ivy-League Economist...." where my post #7 appeared about 103 times on my screen just after I posted it. At the time, it was the last post in the thread.
Old May 8, 2016, 6:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I've not been able to replicate the fault. Very weird.
Old May 9, 2016, 5:52 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Definitely has a "browser issue" smell to it.
Old May 10, 2016, 12:44 am
Original Poster

I just had another instance. Over a hundred copies of my post #112 in the BA "Curtailment of lounge guesting...." thread. In this case, another post snuck in ahead of me as I was writing my post. In addition, when I hit the Post Quick Reply button, it seemed to hang and not do anything immediately.

I'm using safari on an ipad2.
Old May 10, 2016, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Again just now: Post #169 appreared about 105 times on my screen, but the problem was solved when I refreshed the page. In this case, the echoed post was the second of four that were done while I was writing my own post, although the third and fourth ones as well as my own didn't appear until I did the refresh. As before, I was using the Post Quick Reply function but it seemed to "hang" briefly. This happened in the BA forum, in the "Curtailment of lounge...." thread.

ADDED: It happened yet again, in the same thread. This time the post with all the echoes was #191, which was the middle one of three that were made as I was writing my post. Post #192 and my post didn't appear until I had refreshed the page to make all of the echoes disappear.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; May 10, 2016 at 11:50 am
Old May 10, 2016, 12:24 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
I just received Moderator Alert from a member stating "Something went nuts with FT software, and my posting has been replicated many times". when I look at the post in question, I only see it posted on time but given this thread and the report, i just received, i wonder if "something is going on"

Post in question: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26604495-post4.html
Old May 10, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
I've had the same issue intermittently for a couple days now. I hang when I submit the post, I get a 'script not responding error', and then my post appears to post multiple times - all with the same post number. Refresh my screen and there's only one copy of my post.

Using latest Firefox, no particularly recent updates.
Old May 10, 2016, 2:45 pm

Reporting to tech.

Mike is out, so please be patient with us
Old May 10, 2016, 2:48 pm

If someone can grab a screen shot...
Old May 10, 2016, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

AFAIK this started after the latest FT tech update, when the Original Poster designation was added, but none of my instances involved either me being the OP or the OP posting something around the time of my post. Also, it's not happening consistently for me, even within the same thread.
Old May 11, 2016, 11:02 am
Original Poster

I just discovered that if you edit one of the echoed posts, it only changes the actual copy that was edited, not all of them. Also, when you refresh, it's the first copy of the post that remains.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by IBobi
If someone can grab a screen shot...
Sorry I didn't see this before. I just encountered this again (second time this morning).

I did get this on the 'script stopped working' screen. Perhaps it will help.

eta: Windows 10/Firefox.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 4:28 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by chollie
Sorry I didn't see this before. I just encountered this again (second time this morning).

I did get this on the 'script stopped working' screen. Perhaps it will help.

eta: Windows 10/Firefox.
Thanks, chollie. I think that might help the tech crew figure this out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.