Community
Wiki Posts
Search

True "last" page URL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2016, 10:00 am
Original Poster

True "last" page URL

Is it possible to have a URL that always references the last page? For example, if I bookmark a thread, and come back to it, the page # is an argument in the URL.

Anyway to bookmark a URL that truly goes to the last page?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 10:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
You mean, on FT, or in general? In general, the answer's going to be "no".

FT URLs do have the page number at the end, once you're past the first page. If what you want is a URL which always takes you to the last page, whether that happens to be page 23, or 24, or whatever, it turns out that using an arbitrarily-large page number like 999 works! I tried it, just for fun, and was astonished.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 5:23 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
I think SAS is on to something there - and I know there are some threads (like one in OMNI/Games) that have 5000+ pages to them, so maybe change that number at the end to something like 10,000, and it looks like that will guarantee you will get to the last page (or at least close).
Old Jan 26, 2016, 10:26 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I think SpammersAreScum is correct.

When you click on "Last" in a thread page index it does indeed list the last numbered page to go to.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 11:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You can easily go to the last post in a thread from the forum page listing of threads by clicking on the little blue box above and to the right of the username of the last person to post.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 7:33 am
Original Poster

The 999 idea is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.