Wiki Posts
Search

Alpha Flight Guru ad on this site

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
Alpha Flight Guru ad on this site

I was reading through a thread here---the one about the AA17 emergency landing at JFK--- and noticed pop-up ad at the bottom advertising "70% off business class to London.". (I get a lot of targeted ads on this site from shopping I have done, but I have never searched for Business Class fares to London because we always fly with AA or BA miles).

I clicked on the button out of curiosity, suspecting it to be one of those sketchy mileage brokers. And indeed it is---Alpha Flight Guru.

Why are they allowed to advertise here?
Old Nov 19, 2016, 5:24 pm

I got an unsolicited call yesterday ....

.... from a rep who spent several minutes telling me how I can save some money and how I would be so pleased with their total travel package monitoring, etc. Suspicious? I currently use sites like Cheapoair as well as Expedia and Orbitz to get a feel for what is available for TP or TA biz class flights. I've read that Cook will get you 5% off of F or J fares. Have never tried Cook but will check them out. Any reactions out there?
Old Nov 19, 2016, 5:53 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Advertising on FlyerTalk is best discussed in the Technical Support and Feedback forum.

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.