Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mobfree.click problems on iDevices, Android

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Ditto. Incredibly annoying and disruptive.
That's exactly what I get. This page hits every time. I wonder if the ad targeting picks up mobfree.click in the threads here.

Last edited by djmp; Jan 2, 2016 at 2:18 pm
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:51 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Ugh. Those are nasty!

Hopefully, we can get some guidance Monday.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 2:09 am

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
Thumbs down

very annoying. iPhone 5 with iOS 9.2. I view the website in non-mobile mode. Pic attached, if I did it right.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:15 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
I'm getting sick and tired of this mobfree.click crap on FT

Am I the only person who keeps getting this stupid popup on my iPhone and iPad only on FT???

It seems that quite a few times a day I click on a thread or a post link and this stupid mobfree.click thing asks me to download stupid apps!!

Is this you, FT???? Is this some kind of crappy popup advertising you're doing? Because if it is I'm going to say it is the most annoying thing ever.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:17 am

I don't get any popups
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by 355F1
Am I the only person who keeps getting this stupid popup on my iPhone and iPad only on FT???

It seems that quite a few times a day I click on a thread or a post link and this stupid mobfree.click thing asks me to download stupid apps!!

Is this you, FT???? Is this some kind of crappy popup advertising you're doing? Because if it is I'm going to say it is the most annoying thing ever.
Yup. The same thing is happening to me on my IPad. It's just awful.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:54 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
I get no ads on my iPhone. Just banner ads usually for credit cards on my iPad. Havent gotten a pop-up yet.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:57 am

It's annoying. It's irritating. FlyerTalk knows about it but they refuse to take down the advertisement banners in which lies the cause of this spam. Anyway there's a whole discussion on this in the Information Desk sub-forum.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:12 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
It's annoying. It's irritating. FlyerTalk knows about it but they refuse to take down the advertisement banners in which lies the cause of this spam. Anyway there's a whole discussion on this in the Information Desk sub-forum.
I didn't know where to post this. I don't venture into many other forums on this website.

I guess "popup" isn't the word I'm looking for. Basically, I will click on a link to a thread, for example, and then it takes/routes me to that stupid website asking me to download free apps and games. and it only happens on this website.

I hate it.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
I use the app on my iPhone all the time and never get them... maybe there is a setting you need to change?

Edit to add - I do have something quite strange that occurs when i use the app on my iPhone though... the "Delta Forum Lounge Thread - Everyone is Welcome" thread causes my app to crash everytime I try to look at it... every. single. time. No other forum / thread anywhere on FT causes this, just this one. Does it happen to anyone else?
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:16 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by krlcomm
I use the app on my iPhone all the time and never get them... maybe there is a setting you need to change?
App? I didn't even know there was a FT app.

No, this happens on the regular internet site while on my iPad/iPhone using Safari. And it only started doing this maybe a month ago--maybe less.

It doesn't happen on my Macbook using Chrome.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by 355F1
App? I didn't even know there was a FT app.

No, this happens on the regular internet site while on my iPad/iPhone using Safari. And it only started doing this maybe a month ago--maybe less.

It doesn't happen on my Macbook using Chrome.
Yep, there's an app... I use Chrome on my Mac desktop and don't have any issues. The only devices I view this site on are my iPhone (using the app) and my Mac desktop so I'm of little help with looking at the regular site via iPhone or iPad.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:25 am

Yes, I get it too on the iPad. I was blaming myself though which probably says something about my personality.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:09 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by krlcomm
Yep, there's an app
Where? I can't find it on the iTunes app store.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:46 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Exclamation Thread Alert

The new home for this discussion is the Technical Support and Feedback forum, where administrative personnel of Internet Brands will be more likely to read the complaint.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.