Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Can't scroll when using Safari in OS X

Old Dec 13, 2015, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM

For the last couple of days I have been unable to scroll many pages in FT when using Safari 9.0.2 in OS X 10.11.2. The scroll bar sometimes appears while the page is loading, then disappears. If I can start scrolling while the page is loading, I can sometimes continue to scroll. When there is no scroll bar, I also cant scroll using the trackpad (so not an OS X setting problem).

Pages behave normally in Firefox. I dont have the problem with any other web sites. Restarting Safari or rebooting does not help.

In the same FT forum, some pages will scroll and some not. Often the same pages, though it changes with time.

Anyone else have this problem?
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:05 am
Original Poster

And now with Firefox (but with addition of overwriting text):
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:07 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Having this exact issue too on Safari, started today.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 1:02 pm

Same here. Have not been able to scroll down the page on Internet Explorer for a few days now. I thought it was me. So, I have switched to Chrome and it worked OK.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:17 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Still happening?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Yes, still happening to about one page in five (I use 40 posts per page)..
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA G-1MM/*G, B6 Mosaicm, DL G, HH S, Bonvoy(...?) Plat, Avis PS, Hertz 5*, Nat ExVIP
I get a lot of headers with blank content in Safari and incorrect presentations of mobile sites, particularly when I'm being redirected from Google and other search sites. It's to the point where I don't even bother to copypasta the URI to Firefox and just no longer read anything here.

Timothy
Old Jan 11, 2016, 4:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I'm getting that most of the time in IE11. No problems with Chrome.

Page loads up to the bottom of the vertical advert on the right hand side of the screen and then the scroll bar vanishes. Can take a few attempts at refreshing for it to work.

On other things:

Had the IHG box popup once in Chrome.
The square moving advert at the bottom of the screen seems to affect IE now and again. Causes things to start jerking, randomly pauses things like when typing and letters won't appear etc.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 2:13 am

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Glad I am not the only one. I have the same problems with Chrome and Safari which started yesterday.

It is a shame the problem doesn't seem to have been investigated.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Whereas the problem I has having regularly last month has not been happening recently.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 2:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Seems fine now for me.

Now if I could stop those video ads at the bottom of some screens running that would be good. Annoying if you have the volume on and sometimes you get two playing at the same time giving an echo effect.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.