Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

How can I subscribe to / unsubscribe from FT newsletter / news letter, etc.?

Old Dec 8, 2015, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: The origin is [email protected], as Internet Brands is the owner of FlyerTalk.

At the bottom of the newsletter, you will see the unsubscribe link here:

FlyerTalk.com is located at 909 North Sepulveda Blvd., 11th Floor El Segundo, CA 90245
This email was sent to <your FlyerTalk registration email address>. To unsubscribe, please click here.
This will take you to a verification page with links:

Thank You!
You have been unsubscribed from this publication.

To resubscribe or view and edit your subscriptions to other publications from FlyerTalk.com, visit the Subscription Center

To view and edit the information you have given us and manage how FlyerTalk.com communicates with you, visit the Profile Center

Unsubscribe from all

If you wish to unsubscribe from ALL publications from FlyerTalk.com, click the Unsubscribe From All button below.

Unsubscribe From All
NOTE: All links on this wiki post are simulated, and are not working links.
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 29, 2015, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Hi all

I received the "Flight Attendants Are Just as Unhappy as You Are" news letter today, but can't unsubscribe
When I click the unsubscribe link and go to the page to unsubscribe, it comes back with:

Length Required

HTTP Error 411. The request must be chunked or have a content length.

Does it on Firefox and IE, so can't unsubscribe.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same here
Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I got this spam in my email too.

I've never signed up for FT to fill my inbox with spam.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 2:20 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Hi all,

Sorry about the error message; but it is in fact unsubscribing you from the editorial newsletter that went out today. We are working to fix the error message.

It will not unsubscribe you for the rest of ft (TalkMail, thread alerts, subscriptions, etc.).

Thank you,

Paul
Old Oct 30, 2015, 7:43 am
Suspended

Screw FlyerTalk
0305 likes this.

Last edited by Tiny Clanger; Jul 2, 2016 at 12:44 pm Reason: Screw FlyerTalk
Old Oct 30, 2015, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Never saw an option to opt in to said newsletter either
Seems to be the new thing these days, order something or sign up for a website and you automatically start getting "news" letters.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 6:23 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Angry Please, STOP the SPAM [can I unsubscribe to TalkMail, FT News, etc.?]

At some point recently, I started getting TalkMail, which I never requested. The latest issue arrived in my email inbox yesterday. This morning, roughly twenty-four hours later, I got another unwanted email headed "This Idea May Expedite Boarding Time by 71%."

I have no interest whatsoever in reading the little blurb "news" items written by "journalists" employed by IB who seem to know nothing about either travel or journalism. In fact, filling my inbox with this garbage is a great way to guarantee that I will never read it.

PLEASE, JUST STOP IT.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
+1 ^ Don't need Spam from FT. The email this morning woke me up and was more unwelcome as I am awaiting some far more important and urgent news so Spam is more annoying than normal at the moment
Old Nov 25, 2015, 9:59 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
What sort of setting does one have on their computer / tablet etc. that wakes one when there's e-mail?

In a more serious vein, I'm guessing we may not see a reply from Internet Brands until next week, what with the U.S. Thanksgiving weekend.

Then we can find out if there's an "unsubscribe" option, or if these are opted in as part of a free FlyerTalk membership.

(Most Internet e-mail programs have the ability to actively set up parameters to reroute e-mails directly to junk or spam folders, using sources or key words.)
Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:09 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
There's an unsubscribe link at the bottom of those emails. Unsurprisingly.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old Nov 30, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
At some point recently, I started getting TalkMail, which I never requested. The latest issue arrived in my email inbox yesterday. This morning, roughly twenty-four hours later, I got another unwanted email headed "This Idea May Expedite Boarding Time by 71%."

I have no interest whatsoever in reading the little blurb "news" items written by "journalists" employed by IB who seem to know nothing about either travel or journalism. In fact, filling my inbox with this garbage is a great way to guarantee that I will never read it.

PLEASE, JUST STOP IT.
I get Talkmail. Yes I subscribe to it. It's fun to scroll through the headlines to see if there any threads of interest. Given how often you post all over FT I thought you did the same

However, I've never gotten other emails from FT/IB/TM. I believe you when you say you have, & offer you two very simple solutions - a) unsubscribe when you get the email (takes a second & presto, bingo - no more emails) or just delete the email (again, only takes a second although it doesn't take you off the list). It's not rocket science for crikey's sake to get off any email list @:-)

Cheers.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
There's an unsubscribe link at the bottom of those emails. Unsurprisingly.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Having unchecked the receive email from administrators box when I signed up, I should have never gotten this in the first place. I shouldn't have to unsubscribe from something I never subscribed to in the first place, and explicitly indicated I didn't want already.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 5:26 am
dmj

flyertalk.com sends spam [emails]

I registered an account for this forum in 2013. I never subscribed to any newsletters (I never do). But since October flyertalk.com is sending spam emails to me.

How can I stop flyertalk.com to send spam anymore? I do not find any options for that anywhere.

I also want to delete my account permanently. I also do not find any option for that.

I hope someone can help. Thanks.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
It's not spam, it's part of signing up for an account which you must've missed. but I've flagged for moderators to move to the appropriate forum, which is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/
Old Dec 23, 2015, 11:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Please follow this to the appropriate forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.