Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email address - gTLDs not supported?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Email address - gTLDs not supported?

I'm trying to change the email associated with my account and am getting the following error:

"You entered an invalid email address."

The email address is valid(I own the domain). Is using a generic TLD email address not supported?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:10 am

I presume you mean a NEW GTLD rather than one of the traditional ones like com/net/org?

Anything that is not a ccTLD (country code top-level domain) is a GTLD.

Wouldn't surprise me if FT hadn't yet caught up with all those thousands of new GTLDs (many of which will probably fail - but that's another matter). Some organisations haven't even caught up with ccTLDs that have been around for decades - I tried to sign up to Facebook using a .gg (Guernsey) address and they told me it was invalid.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aviatrix
I presume you mean a NEW GTLD rather than one of the traditional ones like com/net/org?

Anything that is not a ccTLD (country code top-level domain) is a GTLD.

Wouldn't surprise me if FT hadn't yet caught up with all those thousands of new GTLDs (many of which will probably fail - but that's another matter). Some organisations haven't even caught up with ccTLDs that have been around for decades - I tried to sign up to Facebook using a .gg (Guernsey) address and they told me it was invalid.
Yeah. It's one of the new custom TLDs
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:10 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
If you'd like to do things like get email alerts and be able to recover your password in the event you lose account access, I recommend gmail.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Bob please check your PM I am having an issue signing back into FT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.