Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't open full wikis

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Can't open full wikis

Today when I click on "Click here to display Full Wiki" on the bottom of wikis on the tops of threads, nothing happens. I first noticed the problem in the SPG forum, in the "Richest Sheraton promo" thread, but it's happening for me in every wiki I've checked, including another one in SPG, one in Marriott, and one here in TS&S. Refreshing the page and trying again to click to open the full wiki doesn't help. Another user in the SPG forum checked and didn't find a problem in seeing the full "richest Sheraton" wiki, so I suspect that the problem is browser specific.

I'm using Safari on an ipad2 device. My internet connection seems fine.

ADDED: I'm using the full FT website, not a mobile version or the app.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Aug 27, 2015 at 11:21 am
Old Aug 27, 2015, 1:48 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Today when I click on "Click here to display Full Wiki" on the bottom of wikis on the tops of threads, nothing happens. I first noticed the problem in the SPG forum, in the "Richest Sheraton promo" thread, but it's happening for me in every wiki I've checked, including another one in SPG, one in Marriott, and one here in TS&S. Refreshing the page and trying again to click to open the full wiki doesn't help. Another user in the SPG forum checked and didn't find a problem in seeing the full "richest Sheraton" wiki, so I suspect that the problem is browser specific.

Try clearing your cache and cookies. I'm using iPad 3 with safari and it's fine.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:47 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

I'm using an iPad with Safari and an iPad Air 2 with Safari and Chrome with the full website and can't replicate that. I think IBobi may have offered the cure.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Problem solved.

I decided to first try to open a wiki today before powering off on my ipad or doing anything more complicated. Surprise! It suddenly works today and I was able to open the wiki where I first experienced the problem.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 1:53 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Problem solved.

I decided to first try to open a wiki today before powering off on my ipad or doing anything more complicated. Surprise! It suddenly works today and I was able to open the wiki where I first experienced the problem.
As a one time tech person, I HATE intermittent faults. Seriously, glad it's working out for you now.

(On occasion, I have to remind myself actually powering off and restarting an iPad can be cathartic - or is it purgative?)
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
As a one time tech person, I HATE intermittent faults. Seriously, glad it's working out for you now.

(On occasion, I have to remind myself actually powering off and restarting an iPad can be cathartic - or is it purgative?)
Jose, you said it.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:00 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I am having the same problem today.
I cannot open any Wiki, I have tried using IE and Chrome.
Any solution other than repeated trying?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Wait and try again tomorrow.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
I am having the same problem today.
I cannot open any Wiki, I have tried using IE and Chrome.
Any solution other than repeated trying?
Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies? And turning off any plugins you may have running?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

For me the problem is back, although this time in the COW DO thread. I turned my iPad off and then on again a couple hours ago and haven't used it much since then. However, I'm in a place with horrendously slow wifi, so that might be contributing to the problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.