Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

How can I always "View Full Site" and NOT Mobile site?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How can I always "View Full Site" and NOT Mobile site?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
The mobile site is truly terrible on my Windows Phone.

For as long as I can remember I've been able to use the full site, and that generally sticks for a few weeks (based on discussion above I'd posit that visiting before the cookie expires refreshes it).

Over the last couple of days something seems to have changed so that every new page I go to (eg from forum thread list into thread) jumps back to mobile, which is completely unreadable and even worse for posting replies.

Can you go back to the old behaviour?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 2:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
The mobile site is truly terrible on my Windows Phone.

For as long as I can remember I've been able to use the full site, and that generally sticks for a few weeks (based on discussion above I'd posit that visiting before the cookie expires refreshes it).

Over the last couple of days something seems to have changed so that every new page I go to (eg from forum thread list into thread) jumps back to mobile, which is completely unreadable and even worse for posting replies.

Can you go back to the old behaviour?
Hmmm. Seems better straight away. I was seeing database access errors at the same time, so maybe some platform instability was instantly zapping the cookies .
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Seriously, can we get this fixed?

The site is a mess, it's jumping back and forward between the unreadable mobile version (why do you believe this is a better experience?) and the full site. Bookmarked links to the full site started to work for a bit then broke and have now stayed broken.

That, plus database errors and hypher-intrusive ads - wow. It'd be great to go back to the way it was. Please consider this.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:44 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by djmp
The site is a mess, it's jumping back and forward between the unreadable mobile version (why do you believe this is a better experience?) and the full site. Bookmarked links to the full site started to work for a bit then broke and have now stayed broken.

That, plus database errors and hypher-intrusive ads - wow. It'd be great to go back to the way it was. Please consider this.
Today we had a database issue and it's now resolved.

Last edited by IBobi; Sep 6, 2018 at 4:41 pm
Old Apr 30, 2016, 4:38 pm

Why can't the link for the full site be at the top of the page ?
And a little larger too, so it will be easier to see ?

Mych
_
Old May 1, 2016, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by Mych
Why can't the link for the full site be at the top of the page ?
And a little larger too, so it will be easier to see ?

Mych
_
Agreed - I accept and understand that ft has various it issues. This is free and sometimes free things aren't perfect.
In the meantime setting a Full site link on top makes it a bit easier.

And if not, it's not a huge deal to scroll to bottom of page to click the Full site.

And I agree that having to sign in frequently isn't fun, but it's also not super inconvenient.
Old May 20, 2016, 7:45 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
The site switching between full/mobile is still an issue. Bookmarks to the full site work until you hit a thread then and then it switches back to the mobile skin. This was fixed for a bit then broke again. Could we get this fixed? Or at least include a "view full site" button not at the page bottom?
Old May 23, 2016, 3:44 pm

The site switching between full/mobile is still an issue. Bookmarks to the full site work until you hit a thread then and then it switches back to the mobile skin. This was fixed for a bit then broke again. Could we get this fixed? Or at least include a "view full site" button not at the page bottom?
Can you be specific, i.e. I am using this device with this browser and I am doing x y z and this happens... include screen shots if possible?
Old Jun 4, 2016, 9:30 am

On an iPad, at the top nxt to the address bar there is a box with an arrow. Click it. A dialog box pops up. The bottom row of icons, scroll to the right. Choose "request desktop site".

And yes, the mobile version is crap, and yes it changes from desktop to mobile when switching pages in a thread.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
... On an iPad, at the top nxt to the address bar there is a box with an arrow. Click it. A dialog box pops up. The bottom row of icons, scroll to the right. Choose "request desktop site".
I think that the availability of "request desktop site" depends on the browser you aare using. On my Android tablet, Firefox has it, but Opera does not.

Mych
Old Jun 12, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
Using Google Chrome on a Motorola Nexus 6 (Android), I can't scroll down to the bottom of a forum page before the next page automatically loads and pushes the "view full site" button further down the page. Since I am usually on a fast data connection, the page loads the next page before I even have the opportunity to select it. Is there a way to disable auto-load/refresh on the mobile experience, or a way to add the "view full site" option to the ribbon at the bottom of the page? Or move the button to the top of the page?
Old Sep 14, 2016, 6:13 pm

Umm session cookies work fine in private mode, the site worked great before. So, seriously, every 24 hours it'll force back to the mobile version?? How to avoid this?

Secondly, if you bookmark anything in the site in full mode, it includes ?styleid=17 in the links but if you click on anything it dumps you back into the mobile version. Bad experience overall to have the mode change... It's kind of a mess.
Has this been fixed?

http://jira.internetbrands.com/browse/GTT-1087
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:19 pm

This has been an issue again for me for the last month or so. It's extremely annoying!

iOS 10.3.2, 6S, Safari. Maybe I need to re-do my home screen bookmarks (UA/AA forum, example)?

Main UA thread works in desktop view, but every thread I click on it resorts to mobile view.

edit: just reloaded this page and it resorted to mobile view.

I've resorted to using he Puffin browser, but would rather use Safari.

thanks guys!

Last edited by tuolumne; Jun 13, 2017 at 11:24 pm
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:24 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I'm using iOS and Safari on an iPad and very rarely experience this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
WHy is this still an issue? The mobile site is really difficult to use as it’s so buggy and keeps moving on you. Can anyone point to one link that stays as the full site on phones? The website is losing valued members because of this. I know many people that no longer post as often because it’s so hard on Mobile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.