Community
Wiki Posts
Search

is Flyertalk unstable?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2015, 12:51 pm
No longer at FT -- contact IBJoel please

I have reported your issue to our tech team and will keep you updated on the process!

Thank you for your patience.

Originally Posted by whiskerxx
Thanks - the issue is in the previous post - Norton blocking a malicious web attack - which is a message I only ever get browsing Flyertalk BA
Old Jul 21, 2015, 6:45 pm
No longer at FT -- contact IBJoel please

Our tech team responded and ran tests on the datastore and plugins, and everything seems to up and running without any malware.

If you happen to run into this issue again, we recommend for you to clear any cache and cookies on your browser. Please let us know if you have any other technical issues. We are happy to help! Thank you so much for patience.

Thanks - the issue is in the previous post - Norton blocking a malicious web attack - which is a message I only ever get browsing Flyertalk BA
Old Jul 21, 2015, 7:02 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Be sure you run your A/V and clear cookies and cache. You may have a corrupted cookie in your browser.

If this were a virus on FT, we'd be seeing hundreds of reports, not just one
Old Jul 23, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
I've been having problems with Flyertalk (ads?) over the last couple of weeks, which is annoying as it's probably the website I visit more than any other! The most frequent problem is when browsing the forums, I click to the next page of a topic and seconds later am auto-forwarded to a suspicious looking shopping website called aliexpress.com (they don't get good reviews!). This has happened both at home using Chrome and at work using Firefox.

In addition, I've had lots of "flash plugin has frozen / crashed" style messages but those can easily be ignored.

Tonight, however, an ad at the top of a forum index page (hotel deals) had a fake-looking "click here to upgrade" style message, of the kind I would never click on (but some people may). Going into a topic on the page however then saw "setup.jse" downloaded onto my computer. I have a decent anti-virus and would never open the file but this is a worry. I've not had this issue on any other website, and my PC is only a few weeks old.

Anyone else had similar?

Cheers

Steve
Old Jul 23, 2015, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by kingstontoon
I've been having problems with Flyertalk (ads?) over the last couple of weeks, which is annoying as it's probably the website I visit more than any other! The most frequent problem is when browsing the forums, I click to the next page of a topic and seconds later am auto-forwarded to a suspicious looking shopping website called aliexpress.com (they don't get good reviews!). This has happened both at home using Chrome and at work using Firefox.

In addition, I've had lots of "flash plugin has frozen / crashed" style messages but those can easily be ignored.

Tonight, however, an ad at the top of a forum index page (hotel deals) had a fake-looking "click here to upgrade" style message, of the kind I would never click on (but some people may). Going into a topic on the page however then saw "setup.jse" downloaded onto my computer. I have a decent anti-virus and would never open the file but this is a worry. I've not had this issue on any other website, and my PC is only a few weeks old.

Anyone else had similar?

Cheers

Steve
Did you try clearing cache/cookies?
Old Jul 23, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Originally Posted by IBobi
Did you try clearing cache/cookies?
I do this every couple of days as a rule. It doesn't seem to make a difference.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by kingstontoon
I do this every couple of days as a rule. It doesn't seem to make a difference.
Can you tell me:

your browser type
Your device type
Your geographical location?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.