Wiki Posts
Search

Crash only on the AA forum

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2015, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Crash only on the AA forum

FT works normally when I'm on every forum but when I go to any of the 3 AA subforums it slows to almost nothing when loading and I have to exit FT completely. It's always AA related banners trying to load. Is there anything I can do to get back to the normal speed?
Old May 19, 2015, 8:33 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Try clearing your cache and cookies.
Old May 20, 2015, 9:25 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by IBobi
Try clearing your cache and cookies.

That should work, IMO.

I've spent intense times on those fora on a project these last two weeks, different devices, different times of day, and I've not noticed any slowdown on those fora (or other fora I moderate or read).

(Safari, Chrome.)

Last edited by JDiver; May 21, 2015 at 10:16 am Reason: Add browser info
Old May 21, 2015, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Nope, cleared the cache and cookies and it still stalls firefox only at the AA forum. I tried chrome and it works fine.

I guess I'll need to use chrome instead.
Old May 22, 2015, 1:25 pm

I am having the same problem. Some of the FT forums are occasionally slow, but for the past three days the AA forum has crashed Firefox and won't load at all in IE. I have tried two different computers and logged in from two different locations. I have cleared my cache and cookies but problem persists. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms as I have checked the AA forum multiple times each day, for years!
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Old May 22, 2015, 2:05 pm

Follow up to my previous post:
I think it is related to the ads for Citi Advantage Platinum card which loads everytime I open one of the AA forums. I tried clicking on several other FT forums and they all work fine, but the ads are for Amex or Chase.
The only other forum that had the same problem was the "Airlines and other Mileage Programs" which was also showing the Citi card ads, and crashed my browser just like the AA forums.
For what it's worth, when this happens the status bar is saying "waiting for" one of these:
b.scorecardresearch.com
secure-vs.imrworld.com
tps30.doubleverify.com
tps10224.doubleverify.com
cdn.doubleverify.com

Would appreciate any suggestions to fix this and get back access to AA forums.

Thanks.
Old May 22, 2015, 2:13 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
We are working to resolve this, assuming it is related to the Citi ad. Thank you for the reports!
Old May 25, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NDFan
Follow up to my previous post:
I think it is related to the ads for Citi Advantage Platinum card which loads everytime I open one of the AA forums. I tried clicking on several other FT forums and they all work fine, but the ads are for Amex or Chase.
The only other forum that had the same problem was the "Airlines and other Mileage Programs" which was also showing the Citi card ads, and crashed my browser just like the AA forums.
For what it's worth, when this happens the status bar is saying "waiting for" one of these:
b.scorecardresearch.com
secure-vs.imrworld.com
tps30.doubleverify.com
tps10224.doubleverify.com
cdn.doubleverify.com

Would appreciate any suggestions to fix this and get back access to AA forums.

Thanks.
FWIW, I get waiting for...'ad.atdmt.com' on the status bar when trying to access the AA forum on Firefox.
Old May 27, 2015, 7:13 am

See this thread for quick solution that worked for me:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...l#post24875475

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.