ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSION, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content. Please refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

Originally Posted by IBobi
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!
We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts suggesting or discussing use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of older posts

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2017, 2:01 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Those personal lubricant and "Four Virus" ads have been reported, thank you.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Those personal lubricant and "Four Virus" ads have been reported, thank you.
Still getting the 'four viruses' pop ups and malware download links as of this morning.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:41 am

Is it really so hard for IB to use more reputable ad hosting providers? This sort of thing really shouldn't happen, and doesn't on other sites I visit.
Coathanger and wheresmybagba like this.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Full page popover ads today:
Attached Images  
Old Sep 18, 2017, 3:36 pm
Administrator

Thanks for the picture, Rusty. I'll check into this.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I don't think it is too much to ask that I not get personal lubricant ads on a a Travel Site. I understand after flying for a couple of days people can be dry, but a facial moisturiser ad would be more appropriate.

Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
I'm seeing pages constantly slowing to a crawl, crashing and reloading due to using significant memory, and Safari's dev tools say the page is making thousands of XHR requests per minute to adaptv.advertising.com and related domains which are coming back with "no ad could be found that fills this request" and because it keeps trying over and over again for eternity, crashes my browser

Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anytime you'd like to stop the lube ads, that'd be great.

Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:58 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by kyanar
I'm seeing pages constantly slowing to a crawl, crashing and reloading due to using significant memory, and Safari's dev tools say the page is making thousands of XHR requests per minute to adaptv.advertising.com and related domains which are coming back with "no ad could be found that fills this request" and because it keeps trying over and over again for eternity, crashes my browser

I've asked tech why this is happening seemingly all of a sudden.

For the lubricant ads, I'll see what we can do.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
A friend sent me images yesterday of ads she found annoying.

She also sent this comment:

In case you didn't see it, the ad is for August 4. Goes to show what stellar ad partners ft has.
Attached Images   
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Besides crashing Safari many times, another issue with the AutoPlay ads is that they will grab your screen. I will be reading a long trip report and suddenly I will be dragged to the AutoPlay ad. Sometimes I start scrolling back down to find where I was, other times, the entire page goes blank and Safari says it has to reload. There is an autoplay ad on every page now, and most have no way to pause them.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IBJoel
I've asked tech why this is happening seemingly all of a sudden.

For the lubricant ads, I'll see what we can do.
Still getting them. Tried a different browser, they still follow me. Incognito mode doesn't seem to make a difference.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Still getting the lube ads. This is getting ridiculous.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:09 pm

Flyer Talk Ads Displayed

If there are anymore ads put on the Flyer Talk web pages that have audio that comes on by default and you can't stop the audio, I will never come back to Flyer Talk. It's OK to have an ad with audio as long as you have to activate the audio before it starts.

Message to LactAid, I will never never never ever purchase a product from your company.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Came to complain about the lube ads on other forums on the site and was greeted with more lube ads. Probably about 10-20 of them today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.