ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSION, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content. Please refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

Originally Posted by IBobi
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!
We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts suggesting or discussing use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of older posts

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
I actually dislike cutting good service off ads as its their main source of revenue.
Then FT starts playing loud video ads that chokes my browser performance, which lead to me using ad blocker for the first time.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Posts moved from Air Canada forum.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Old Jan 15, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Yeah I have no issue with the ads in thread, but when it re-directs me elsewhere and then reloads a dozen times so I can't even get back without reloading FT and then finding the same thread etc... it becomes too obnoxious.

Thanks Sean, I'll give that a try.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:52 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Can we have a mobile app instead of this garbage website? Cmon IB - do you really care about this website. All these steps imply not.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: QF Gold, WY Gold
SkyBet

I keep getting redirected to the Sky Bet app on my iPhone (Safari). It only happens on the Flyertalk forums. Incredibly frustrating.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:02 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The use of ad blocking software is strongly discouraged by Internet Brands and FlyerTalk. Doing so essentially voids any support from IB / FT for issues you might be having, and it eliminates the major source of income that keeps FT free to members.

Bringing troublesome or rogue ads appearing during your FlyerTalk experience to the attention of Admin / Tech can help all members and enable IB / FT to remedy issues with the advertisements providers or make adjustments to eliminate specific advertisements.

Posts suggesting or discussing ad blocking software will be summarily deleted.

JDiver, Co-Moderator, Technical Support and Feedback forum
Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
After clicking on thread link, a new Chrome tab appeared with a bogus "Chrome Update" page.
Another member wondered if this perhaps was a phishing attempt. I wanted to post that for Admin to see.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
The sky app ad to App Store has been intermittently experienced by me in the past, but tonight's it's back with a vengeance! 10 times in the last hour!
Old Jan 22, 2017, 2:22 pm

Browser Hijack

This is more than a intrusive pop up or pop over advertisenment. This a browser hijack. This has happened a couple of times last week, but this time I remembered to get the url's and screen shots. Please Advise. I'm running Windows 10, with Fire Fox 50.1.0

On Sunday 1/22/2017, about 3:20pm, I started at:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-skymiles-665/

Within 10 seconds my browser was hijacked to a survey:
http://munzz.exclusiverewards.swerve...3-4e4e3e1c4387

Using the back arrow brought me back to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-skymiles-665/

But, within 10 seconds the browser is hijacked to an ad for 'Search Incognito'
https://ext.searchincognito.com/aff/...0-c8d2204ce766

Please advise
_Mych
Attached Images    
Old Jan 22, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
One assumes that when Hyatt spends money on pop up ads the intent is to increase business. It is having the opposite effect.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:01 am

Thank you for your reports and your patience. Please do continue reporting and when possible including screen shots, and description of device, operating system and browser.

Internet Brands personnel will see these after they report to work on Monday, PST work hours.

JDiver, Co-Moderator
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
May I suggest that those who wish to post links to offending ads do so by coding the URLs? This is so that people do not click them by accident.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Booted up FT and as soon as I did, Malwarebytes prevented a malicious website from loading: "chinesedates.net" Thanks, Malwarebytes. No thanks, FT.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:01 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Sorry about these, everyone - our ad guy has been out for a few days so hopefully things improve now...
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
I get this distuptive ad about once a week. It replaces the FT content and pressing back doesn't get back to FT. Iphone5 in USA.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.