Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSION, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content. Please refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

Originally Posted by IBobi
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!
We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts suggesting or discussing use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of older posts

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Old Apr 12, 2016, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by _kurt
This ad is a big problem for me too. When I browse FT from my work computer I am always logged out, so I see it over and over, delaying me 15 seconds each time. It makes the site unusable.
Yep. Completely annoying.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL PM
Thumbs down

Not a fix. This ad is incredibly obnoxious and needs to go. Takes FOREVER to load, even on a very fast internet connection, and you can't click on anything (or log in).
Attached Images  
Old Apr 13, 2016, 8:06 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by appleguru
Not a fix. This ad is incredibly obnoxious and needs to go. Takes FOREVER to load, even on a very fast internet connection, and you can't click on anything (or log in).
When you log in, click "remember me" and be sure cookies are enabled. You won't have to log in every time -- you'll be logged in automatically and you will not see the ad.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
When you log in, click "remember me" and be sure cookies are enabled. You won't have to log in every time -- you'll be logged in automatically and you will not see the ad.
Except that doesn't work with private browsing and the site used to work without logging in.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 4:31 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Ibobi, im getting redirecting ads again, UK mobile network only on iphone 5s - both mobile site and full site accessed from mobile device. Same sort of url as game of war. It is on and off but i have noticed it a few times the last couple of days again.

Untitled by jcm9000, on Flickr

Note the threads affected just happen to have an advert from our old friendsr when the redirect happens so I suspect this is the ad doing it:

Old Apr 14, 2016, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by jcm9000
Ibobi, im getting redirecting ads again, UK mobile network only on iphone 5s - both mobile site and full site accessed from mobile device. Same sort of url as game of war. It is on and off but i have noticed it a few times the last couple of days again.
Reporting, thank you!
Old Apr 14, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
No thank you ibobi!
Old Apr 16, 2016, 1:06 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Timed the Choice Hotels Ad..

*34 seconds* of locking the site out while it loads. Unacceptable. And it happens multiple times (and no, logging in isn't a fix). Whatever revenue that's bringing is, you're losing site visitor engagement and goodwill in my opinion.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 1:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by jcm9000

Note the threads affected just happen to have an advert from our old friendsr when the redirect happens so I suspect this is the ad doing it:

Am seeing both of these, probably one in every three threads I try to open ln average, but often three or four times in a row. Quite annoying....
Old Apr 18, 2016, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by djmp
*34 seconds* of locking the site out while it loads. Unacceptable. And it happens multiple times (and no, logging in isn't a fix). Whatever revenue that's bringing is, you're losing site visitor engagement and goodwill in my opinion.
That ad does not take that long to load. It is likely a browser issue on your end.

Regardless, if you log in, you will not see it at all.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 4:50 pm

Extremely annoying Choice popover ads on FT

These frequent intrusive adds have only convinced me to not book a Choice hotel in the forseeable future.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 5:29 pm
Community Director Emerita

I'll move this along to the Tech Issues forum for Internet Brands to review.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Choice Hotel popup Interfering with Flyer Talk Boards

On my I phone as of late I am trying to view posts on various airline boards and The Choice Hotel add keeps popping up covering the boards. Anyone else having the same issue.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 12:14 pm
Community Director Emerita

I'm going to move this to the Tech Issues forum so that the IB tech folk see it.

Carol
Community Director
Old Apr 20, 2016, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by lseflyer
These frequent intrusive adds have only convinced me to not book a Choice hotel in the forseeable future.
Perhaps Choice Hotels Reputation Management would be able to resolve this for us?

Chelsie McLaughlin
Operations Manager, Reputation Management and Customer Care
1 Choice Hotels Circle
Suite 400
Rockville, MD 20850
[email protected]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.