Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: All Disruptive Ads /Advertisement on FT (older posts)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: All Disruptive Ads /Advertisement on FT (older posts)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Jcm9000. - you and I seem to be on exactly same wavelength .....!!

This is becoming truly horrendous. I'm no techie expert myself but cannot believe those who are seem unable to produce a definitive solution........

Would be a great shame if I find myself having to leave the site as a result of being driven to distraction - not least because, in all other respects, it is a superb resource of industry intelligence as well as general interest.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: ihg plat, hh gold, hertz 5*
The homepage on my Windows phone browser (UK) is being redirected within a few seconds.

Last edited by big_mac; Aug 2, 2015 at 1:39 pm
Old Aug 3, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
This is the initial url that comes up when autodirecting to the appstore (different app now, no longer angry birds). Not sure if this is useful in finding the culprit:

Old Aug 3, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: ihg plat, hh gold, hertz 5*
I'm still getting frequent redirects to junk sites on mobile device.
On my pc, the Slingbox popover is back - now on every page load.
Flyertalk is just about unusable for me at the moment.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I too, can't use the site without constantly being redirected. Looking at this it has being on for months with no fix.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 2:22 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Sorry guys -- we have been working this issue hard. We are unable to determine which ad network(s) are serving these bad ads, and Apple/Google are unresponsive to changing thei app stores to stop accepting them. We will continue to try to resolve this!

Paul
Old Aug 3, 2015, 3:32 pm

UPDATE:

We have made an adjustment -- if you are STILL seeing these app store redirects from the UK/EU markets, please let me know.

Paul
Old Aug 3, 2015, 3:41 pm

Paul: eureka! I can use safari again as of the last few minutes with no redirect. Thank you sir!
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:56 pm

I haven't noticed them before but as of today i have started getting audio ads that cannot be muted. They appear on each tab and play simultaneously. Get rid of them please ^
Old Aug 4, 2015, 7:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Can you guys get rid of the Slingbox that is on the right/left side of the home page screen?

Cheers.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 7:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by IBobi
UPDATE:

We have made an adjustment -- if you are STILL seeing these app store redirects from the UK/EU markets, please let me know.

Paul
Well for me at least, the problem certainly appears to have been sorted. So, my thanks Paul....whatever you guys did by way of 'adjustment' .....good work ^

As vociferous as I was in my complaints (recent posts refer....), I now wish to be equally vociferous in giving credit where credit due. The screen is much, much cleaner, loads quickly and is back to 'normal' ; here's hoping it stays that way. And that any fellow members who might still be suffering are soon as happy as I am ....
Old Aug 4, 2015, 8:07 am

It also seems to have stopped the delayed typing (i.e type and it would take a few seconds to actually show) and frequent crashing and reloading of the page (esp when zooming in). Must have been the ads trying to load that kept messing it up.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by jcm9000
It also seems to have stopped the delayed typing (i.e type and it would take a few seconds to actually show) and frequent crashing and reloading of the page (esp when zooming in). Must have been the ads trying to load that kept messing it up.
I did wonder if something was trying to log all the keystrokes. An ad doing that on other sites that display the same ads as FT could get some useful info .
Old Aug 4, 2015, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Can you guys get rid of the Slingbox that is on the right/left side of the home page screen?

Cheers.
No, that one will not be going away. Is there an issue with it?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by subject2load
Well for me at least, the problem certainly appears to have been sorted. So, my thanks Paul....whatever you guys did by way of 'adjustment' .....good work ^

As vociferous as I was in my complaints (recent posts refer....), I now wish to be equally vociferous in giving credit where credit due. The screen is much, much cleaner, loads quickly and is back to 'normal' ; here's hoping it stays that way. And that any fellow members who might still be suffering are soon as happy as I am ....
And I will tell you how much I appreciate it when we get such a reply and how gratified we are that this seems to have helped. Let's keep watching -- but thanks, and I will pass this along

Paul

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.