Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: All Disruptive Ads /Advertisement on FT (older posts)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: All Disruptive Ads /Advertisement on FT (older posts)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:53 am

Programs: BA silver
just been redirected to this page several times from different pages on flyertalk, including this thread. UK based using firefox.

blocked by firefox, but it appears to be faking an Adobe flash installer.

Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:44 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
I am having regular problems with the page partially loading, then hanging trying to load the following:
pubads.g.doubleclick.net
ad.doubleclick.net
Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by IBobi
Please don't double-post. If it needs to be moved, we will move it.

Screen shots appreciated.
Can you comment on your strategy around this? Presumably some party in the chain of advertisers is hosting disruptive and malicious ads, but what can you do to address that if anything and what can we provide to assist?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
I just had the smart moneytime ad as well overlaying my page. Sorry still in iphone so cant take a screen shot. Any advice in how can screenshot from an iphone and post it to here? I have tumblr but cant then seem to get to the libk without going to a pc to post it.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

redirects without clicking

Originally Posted by kingstontoon
I click to the next page of a topic and seconds later am auto-forwarded to a suspicious looking shopping website called aliexpress.com
i just experienced this a little while ago

did not click on any ads, but was redirected to aliexpress.com

unlike kingstontoon, i dont think i even clicked on an FT forum button
if i remember correctly, i was reading a thread, and redirect just happened
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:10 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
Can you comment on your strategy around this? Presumably some party in the chain of advertisers is hosting disruptive and malicious ads, but what can you do to address that if anything and what can we provide to assist?
Our ad-ops technician is selectively shutting down networks that may be pushing these ads to UK users. Sreen shots are the best way to show us the bad ads.

Originally Posted by jcm9000
I just had the smart moneytime ad as well overlaying my page. Sorry still in iphone so cant take a screen shot. Any advice in how can screenshot from an iphone and post it to here? I have tumblr but cant then seem to get to the libk without going to a pc to post it.
To take a screen shot with an iPhone, press the POWER and HOME buttons at the same time. To post that photo to FT, add it to your FT photo album or post it to a sharing site like photobucket, and link it in your FT post.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 12:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by SFO777
Just started popping up in the last couple of days...

I was getting that one too. Started a few days ago, but seems to have stopped now. Perhaps because you posted & IBobi took care of it?

Originally Posted by hzv5wk

Not disruptive but is a "Hot Russians" dating site appropriate
I'm not getting the Hot Russians, but I am getting "Slingbox The 10 signs you're a Jetrosexual #1 your passport is your autobiography. Watch 100% of your tv live, on any device, anywhere, on both sides of the screen/around the FT content on the home page."
Old Aug 1, 2015, 5:30 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
Of all the forums that I visit and that are owned by IB, why is this the only one having issues with Adobe Flash and Ads?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
iPad user, and based in UK.

No problems whatever when browsing/posting on FT until yesterday and today (Aug 2nd).

An ad for Angry Birds has begun appearing in right margin of FT page, and I am repeatedly being taken away from FT itself to a) either a new page for Google play Angry Birds, and/or b) the apps section of my iPad, offering to install Angry Birds. (Am careful not to touch the area anywhere near the ad when on the FT page, but it nevertheless defaults frequently & spontaneously)

It is becoming EXTREMELY disruptive to my daily use of FT.

Plse note : I have never used or even linked to Angry Birds by choice, and the above does not happen when surfing any website other than FT.

Have just taken a screenshot of the offending Ad and uploaded it to photobucket, but am not the greatest on the tech side (sorry!) and unfamiliar with process for showing it correctly here. Will try my best to do so if you feel it would help.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 4:04 am

Seems to be a major problem on one of my Ipads. Keep continually getting the smartmoney ad plus the angry birds redirect. The problem is confined to FT as using the same Ipad on al the other websites I use does not bring up any ads.
Have reset the Ipad and turned all security settings up to max.
In essence, these disruptive ads make FT use of FT very difficult and give cause for concern as they could lead to more problems than just disruptive ads.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 4:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
[IMG][/IMG]

Here is a screenshot re my earlier post
Old Aug 2, 2015, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Ad doesn't load and then slows down the scroll ability when browsing. Also, lags the typing when posting.

Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Is anyone getting the Slingbox on both sides of the FT home page? The pop-up Slingbox has disappeared, but still have the Slingbox on both sides of home page. I spent 30 minutes trying to get a screen shot to post here & couldn't get it to work. It's happening on my laptop, which is my main computer.

Cheers.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:47 am

Sorry double post due to the constant redirecting while trying to post. If i sound grumpy at the site admins im not, just those scumbags that do these redirecting ads!

Last edited by jcm9000; Aug 2, 2015 at 12:12 pm
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:51 am

Smartmoneytime at it again on the ba board, ad says '500 pound tesco voucher' at the top of the page, an ad then plants on your screen and you get redirected to smartmoneytime. This was right after clearing my history and cookies insettings on my iphone 4s. In the last ten minutes i have also been redirected to the appstore multiple times to well known gambling apps, including when i was trying to type this - note i have the angry birds ad on this screen now in the top right corner as referenced above by subject2load, same ad, angry birds two on the appstore pops up. This is getting beyond a joke as it is happening day in day out. I'd glady blame my iphone but even tried a wipe and reboot of the phone, no joy. Aagggh just did it three more times while just sitting on this thread after posting, smartmoneytime again. Id rather pay a subscription than put up with this jobby! Note: still there this morning, both the 500 quid and angry birds redirect. Any ideas why this only seems to be impacting a handful of us, even after clearing cookies etc? An apple virus? Actually never mind, i see windows phones are affected and is just the typical dodgy ad networks. Good luck to the admins beating this!

Last edited by jcm9000; Aug 3, 2015 at 3:10 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.