ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSION, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content. Please refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

Originally Posted by IBobi
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!
We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts suggesting or discussing use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of older posts

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by javabytes
My point is I personally have been reporting the same ads over and over (I'm quoting my own posts) and they aren't going away, even a month and a half later. Attempting to highlight the seriousness with which IB takes these reports.
Sorry, my mistake. Going back to my cave....
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I keep getting this disruptive ad, even though I keep X'ing out of it

Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
These mobile redirects are a real problem for me, as well. Seems to only happen when I'm viewing FT on my iPhone.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:09 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Here's my latest. Opera on Android.

http://imgur.com/a/zTLXl
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I keep getting this disruptive ad, even though I keep X'ing out of it

LOL. I see someone just admitted they use an ad-blocker . For those on mobile, try using a VPN. So far when I've had orbot on I've had a notable drop in browser hijacks. Will keep you guys posted.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Constant "Open in App Store" messages on iOS that navigate away from the thread. No way to cancel out of it. Extremely annoying to the point to making FT unusable on mobile.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 4:10 am

Again a forwarding link capturing my iPhone

http://aptrk.com/m/?q=LGb5BagmBwp1VzSjpS46pzjvB8Z1ZGtjBvWbqUEjBv3iL7k cL7gmYz6cozygo7VhL74gY8ElLJAenJ0aY7AfnJAeC8ElLJMzn JAmo8IlL7H4ZGZ8ZmL0ZmZmBFMiMzMypzyxCGDjZQVjZwD5BGZ 8BQL8AQxmBPMwoTywn7yxCGL7ATEuLzH8YGR9AGLgATMxAF50M QD6YJVmBQNjMQt0AwDkMvMjqJWsp8IvnJD4AwNmMTL8ATWxZGN 6ZwH5BTDkAzWxMGV5AwD7Awx8ZwLvB8Z1ZGH1VaElLJAenJ0aK 7EioJScovV2pmb0BvWupUElnl0wo75vB8Z1AQbvqKIcMPV2pmb mAwbvBQx9LmuuAwtgLzEzLv5kZJH5YJR0AzLgZQNlAGxjAGuuZ zL7VwgmBwRjBvWwoTywn646qJyxVwgmBwZ7BvV7AwExLJWyAl5 kBQH7YGEzMQHgBJD5AF6vZmtjZTD9BGL5ZJLvB85%3D

btw i just had to dispute a 5€ charge for mobile payments which came from one of the FlyerTalk ads with Vodafone.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:17 pm

Angry Rightmartic pop ups

this has been popping up for a few days. Not sure what it means or what to do. Is this spam, or Trojan, or something? How can I prevent this? It was just popping up once or twice, but then it would keep popping up, and jamming my phone up. So frustrating!

I'm running Flash 20.0.0.267 in Safari 9.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.11.2, visiting from the United States.
[Edit: it appears the follow-up message I posted containing a screenshot has been deleted for some reason. Attaching it here.][/QUOTE]
Attached Images  
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:29 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
It is an advertisement which is very close to being Spam. It is endorsed by Internet Brands, the company owning Flyertalk.
The only way for you to stop it reoccurring while being within Flyertalk rules is to stop visiting Flyertalk.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:27 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by fransknorge
It is an advertisement which is very close to being Spam. It is endorsed by Internet Brands, the company owning Flyertalk.
The only way for you to stop it reoccurring while being within Flyertalk rules is to stop visiting Flyertalk.
We don't know that until we get an Admin response. It might be an accepted ad from the provider, it might overstep and get cut by IB.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
The hits keep on coming, and I've reduced my use of FT.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 5, 2017, 1:50 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fransknorge
Not an approved ad. We cannot and do not preapprove all the ads that display here, but posting the bad ones so we can remove them helps a lot.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:23 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Sure, then based on this thread, remove it and a new one with similar effects will replace it within a day.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by IBobi
Not an approved ad. We cannot and do not preapprove all the ads that display here, but posting the bad ones so we can remove them helps a lot.
Instead of keeping treating the symptoms, what are the planned ways to solve the root cause?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:07 am

Again an IPhone capturing ad:

ios 10.2.1 on iPhone 6 using Vodafone roaming in Portugal on German Vodafone SIM

gets me almost every second FT site I load.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.