Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: All Disruptive Ads /Advertisement on FT (older posts)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: All Disruptive Ads /Advertisement on FT (older posts)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2016, 8:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

WGU, advertising in this thread.
Attached Images  
Old May 10, 2016, 8:31 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Sparkle Minis, advertising in my previous post.

Am I just lucky, getting so many audio ads in one day?
Attached Images  
Old May 11, 2016, 4:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by IBobi
No, but if you can take a screen shot of your page when it happens again I will look into getting the bad one blocked
Taken loads of screenshots as is just a video that takes ages to load, kills all system resouces and plays lots of different adverts - will email you as taken about 8 screenshots.
Old May 12, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: UA Platinum
Something changed recently, and whatever is happening on Flyertalk with these ads is ridiculous, it takes way too long to load pages now and I have to close the browser out several times a day as it hangs while loading whatever ads FT has added....
Old May 13, 2016, 3:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Sekindo causing big problems
Old May 13, 2016, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by lseflyer
These frequent intrusive adds have only convinced me to not book a Choice hotel in the forseeable future.
Now Hyatt has joined my do not stay list for the same intrusive adds.
Old May 22, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: AA lt gold, HH Diamond, marriott pl
Both Hyatt and SPG are appearing every time I open a thread, and then every time I open a comment within a thread, makes this site not fun to use anymore.
Old May 23, 2016, 3:36 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Krysia
Both Hyatt and SPG are appearing every time I open a thread, and then every time I open a comment within a thread, makes this site not fun to use anymore.
It's literally not possible for more than one of them to appear at a time.

Can you post a screen shot? Also be sure you are logged in.
Old May 25, 2016, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, Marriott
Ads popping up multiple times

So I had barely signed in when a pop-up ad for Choice Hotels appeared. I x'd it out, went to this forum, and there again a pop-up appeared- the same one I had just x'd out. Does anyone think this either helps the forum user or the hotel? I don't.
Old May 28, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, AMEX PLAT
Originally Posted by Scott Kiwi
So I had barely signed in when a pop-up ad for Choice Hotels appeared. I x'd it out, went to this forum, and there again a pop-up appeared- the same one I had just x'd out. Does anyone think this either helps the forum user or the hotel? I don't.
Second this. The Choice Hotel splash adds are making the site almost unusable. Heck I perused several forums just to find a place to complain about them.
Old May 28, 2016, 1:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Scott Kiwi
You're did slightly better than I did. I got the Choice Hotels ad on the login screen.
Old May 30, 2016, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Paolo01
Second this. The Choice Hotel splash adds are making the site almost unusable. Heck I perused several forums just to find a place to complain about them.
Same here. I looked for a forum here to vent a bit - it seems like every other post I open up or what have you I'm having to close this or the Hyatt advertisement. I get it, advertising = support for the site, but it's over the top with the pop-up ads specifically.
Old May 30, 2016, 8:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

It's an annoyance of a different sort.

I was reading a thread, and scrolled to read earlier posts. Just before the Delta advertisement went off-screen, Firefox became unresponsive for several (10-15) seconds. This was consistent whether I scrolled (using a scroll ball) or jumped (using the scroll bar), and it occurred again when I closed the tab.

If you can figure out what the Delta ad is doing, please make it stop.
Attached Images  
Old May 30, 2016, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by serpens
It's an annoyance of a different sort.

I was reading a thread, and scrolled to read earlier posts. Just before the Delta advertisement went off-screen, Firefox became unresponsive for several (10-15) seconds. This was consistent whether I scrolled (using a scroll ball) or jumped (using the scroll bar), and it occurred again when I closed the tab.

If you can figure out what the Delta ad is doing, please make it stop.
I've been having something similar happen in both Chrome and Safari for at least a week, but couldn't figure out what ad was causing it so hadn't reported it yet.
Old May 30, 2016, 11:43 am

Programs: Status Free
Originally Posted by skagen
Same here. I looked for a forum here to vent a bit - it seems like every other post I open up or what have you I'm having to close this or the Hyatt advertisement. I get it, advertising = support for the site, but it's over the top with the pop-up ads specifically.
The fix seems to be log-in.

However, that doesn't work if you are unable to log-in, as several folks have mentioned. (Public or work computers, for example)

IMHO, the bigger issue is visitors. If I had the constant annoying pop ups when I first visited flyertalk, my response would NOT be " oh, I need to create an account and stay logged in, so I won't get the annoying pop up ads". It would have been "this site is awful, I will never come back here again"

IB isn't doing itself any favors by continuing to allow these ads

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.