ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSION, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content. Please refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

Originally Posted by IBobi
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!
We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts suggesting or discussing use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of older posts

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2017, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I'm up to about $382,000 in gift cards won.

iPhone 6s Plus / Safari on iOS 10.1.1 / USA
Attached Images   
Old Apr 12, 2017, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by javabytes
I'm up to about $382,000 in gift cards won.

iPhone 6s Plus / Safari on iOS 10.1.1 / USA
Can I have some?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Repeated annoying redirect/popup, only on FT

I hope this is the right forum for this. Mods, please move if not.

For some days now, I keep getting a redirect/popup on my iPhone from "rightnetwork dot club", clearly a scam site.

This only happens on FT. I am on dozens of other sites a day, so I assume it's not me or my configuration.

Is there some way to stop this, or am I doing something wrong? Thank you.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:46 am

I'm really annoyed now. Every second page load starts some redirect. I can't even catch the first add since those redirects are just hopping URL to URL like crazy. If this continues FT becomes unusable on mobile.

hiw about at least offer a premium subscription without ads?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
I'm getting sketchy-looking full-page roadblocks with a countdown "Continue to page in 10.. 9... 8..." feature, and at 0 the page just goes blank. The ad itself looks fake -- a sloppy PSA-looking thing surrounded by garbage font. Happens about every second or third time I attempt to load a forum page. Chrome / MBP.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 11:05 am

Just got this one

http://vogtijo.com/61M26/5Jdrog/8JQu/5YU9/ptxoooaK4bOChC5vsszIFHZWydtwrX-titIrub9nNrQHupmr-bFF/osk_94bW_bXdjipu5MjTE8Sl2bTTyFo/pw/
Old Apr 12, 2017, 2:26 pm

One more

Old Apr 12, 2017, 2:33 pm

Are these reports helping? Are people seeing fewer spam ads?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 2:44 pm

The reportedly usually go away, new ones come in.

Here is the next:

decided to post now every time. I hope they see how annoying it is
Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:18 am

I made an interesting observation. Having used FT now at home using my Wifi I do not get any of those ads for quite a while. Switching to 3G/LTE suddenly the rodeo starts.

I appears those ads only pop up via mobile internet (which by the way also describes the scam charge I got last month from a FT ad)

i do not have any problem if this site finances itself via ads but clearly something has to be done about the mobile ads...
Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
it's been non-stop for me lately, to the point where i'm avoiding FT.

iPad with the latest iOS (10.3.1) using safari, from USA.

the page won't fully redirect until i hit 'close', and then will complete the redirect to (in this instance):

http://rightnetwork.club/show.php?c=...7&t=1492092100
Attached Images   

Last edited by riphamilton; Apr 13, 2017 at 8:03 am
Old Apr 13, 2017, 9:08 am

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by riphamilton
it's been non-stop for me lately, to the point where i'm avoiding FT.

iPad with the latest iOS (10.3.1) using safari, from USA.

the page won't fully redirect until i hit 'close', and then will complete the redirect to (in this instance):
This..... I have had this about 10 times this morning - its driving me crazy. On an iPad Pro using iOS 10.3.1 on safari in the USA.
Please do something about it. It's making FT very un-user friendly right now.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Gold Elite, Lowly kettle across every other loyalty program.
Originally Posted by Jet Ranger
This..... I have had this about 10 times this morning - its driving me crazy. On an iPad Pro using iOS 10.3.1 on safari in the USA.
Please do something about it. It's making FT very un-user friendly right now.
Me too. On an iPad Air, running iOS 10.3.1 on Safari in the US. EXACT same symptoms.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by iplaybass
Me too. On an iPad Air, running iOS 10.3.1 on Safari in the US. EXACT same symptoms.
same thing on the IPhone 6. I've stopped visiting the FT website on my phone.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BearX220
I'm getting sketchy-looking full-page roadblocks with a countdown "Continue to page in 10.. 9... 8..." feature, and at 0 the page just goes blank. The ad itself looks fake -- a sloppy PSA-looking thing surrounded by garbage font. Happens about every second or third time I attempt to load a forum page. Chrome / MBP.
I'm seeing the same thing. Safari and Firefox MBP, macOS 10.12.4.

I actually installed an ********** just to combat this problem. If it's fixed, I'll remove it, but the site is unusable in the meantime.

The hijacked page is on go (dot) goadvs (dot) com. I wasn't able to find the source, because neither Firefox nor Safari appear to offer the ability to keep your network log beyond navigation.

Last edited by IBJoel; Apr 13, 2017 at 2:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.