Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Remember Me / Keep Me Logged In

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Remember Me / Keep Me Logged In

The full site has a remember me or keep me logged in (I don't remember exactly what it was called) checkbox. I'd like to see a similar option / feature for the mobile interface. Currently, if I go inactive on my mobile for a short period of time, I end up being logged out. Would be convenient to have the option to stay logged in.
Old May 8, 2015, 8:35 am

Bump on this.

Until this is available, is there some way to use the full site login with remember me option, then switch back to mobile view? I haven't figured out how to switch back to mobile view after selecting full site other than deleting cookies, which defeats what I'm trying to do (stay logged in).

Originally Posted by hi-guy
The full site has a remember me or keep me logged in (I don't remember exactly what it was called) checkbox. I'd like to see a similar option / feature for the mobile interface. Currently, if I go inactive on my mobile for a short period of time, I end up being logged out. Would be convenient to have the option to stay logged in.
Old May 8, 2015, 2:41 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by PackingIt
Bump on this.

Until this is available, is there some way to use the full site login with remember me option, then switch back to mobile view? I haven't figured out how to switch back to mobile view after selecting full site other than deleting cookies, which defeats what I'm trying to do (stay logged in).
Once you select Full Site, you should see a button at the bottom that says "Go to mobile view".

If you don't, what is your device type?

EDIT: My mistake -- you do have to delete cookies if you log in again within 7 days of switching to full site.

Last edited by IBobi; May 8, 2015 at 2:47 pm
Old May 8, 2015, 5:43 pm

Any suggested workarounds? Once I switch to the full site, log in with remember me enabled, there must be some way to switch back to mobile view while remaining logged in? Some URL/URL parameters that will make that happen? Device is iPhone.

Originally Posted by IBobi
Once you select Full Site, you should see a button at the bottom that says "Go to mobile view".

If you don't, what is your device type?

EDIT: My mistake -- you do have to delete cookies if you log in again within 7 days of switching to full site.
Old May 10, 2015, 8:27 pm

FWIW I frequent another vBulletin forum 'community' and it has the same frickin issues......annoying. Other sites cookies dont seem to be an issue - but make sure you dont have like an automated browser cleaner addon or something thats deleting your cookies
Old May 21, 2015, 11:10 am

I access the full site on my iPad, and make sure to always check the "Remember Me" box when I log in. And I have cookies enabled in iOS (and do not have problems with any other sites). But with FlyerTalk, after about half an hour, I have to log in again. It is very annoying.

My iPad used to remember my Flyertalk login. But then one day I told iOS settings to not store cookies. The next day, I switched iOS back to storing cookies, but since then, Flyertalk has not stored a login cookie for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.