"Forbidden"

Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
"Forbidden"

For a period of over an hour perhaps about an hour ago, I was unable to see any forum or thread pages on FT or even get into the main FT homepage. This happened over several different fora and seemed to cover the entire FT site.

First I got a few "can't open page because not connected to the internet" little boxes but my internet connection seemed fine: I was able to load cnn.com easily and quickly with no problems and all of my settings seemed normal.

Next the 403 Forbidden page appeared.

Then I started consistently seeing "Forbidden: You don't have permission to access | on this server Apache, server at www. flyer talk.com Port 80."

Was the FT site down for a while in the middle of the night USA time?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:02 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
For a period of over an hour perhaps about an hour ago, I was unable to see any forum or thread pages on FT or even get into the main FT homepage. This happened over several different fora and seemed to cover the entire FT site.

First I got a few "can't open page because not connected to the internet" little boxes but my internet connection seemed fine: I was able to load cnn.com easily and quickly with no problems and all of my settings seemed normal.

Then I started consistently seeing "Forbidden: You don't have permission to access | on this server Apache, server at www. flyer talk.com Port 80."

I got this as well. When I checked a couple of 'is this site down?' sites to see if FT was down for everyone, they all said it was a restricted site.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:09 am

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

I thought I was banned from the site
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:30 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
That happened to a lot of us for a while today.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Apache Server at www.flyertalk.com Port 80
FT went down for a period; it's back up, so we're not getting the error.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.